Join our zoo community

Dungeons and Dragons: ZooChat Version

Discussion in 'Challenges, Quizzes, Competitions & Games' started by OstrichMania, 3 Jan 2020.

1. Junklekitteb

Junklekitteb Well-Known Member

I’m guessing your character class is a bard?;):D

(Adsa) likes this.
  2. Junklekitteb

I will do this on Tuesday.

(Adsa) likes this.
  3. (Adsa)

(Adsa) Well-Known Member

Maybe;)

4. OstrichMania

OstrichMania Well-Known Member

I am adding a new option:

If you can find any other DnD Classes or Creatures that you would like to use, since you put in the effort, you can use it.

(Adsa), SpinyLiving and Ebirah766 like this.
  5. SpinyLiving

SpinyLiving Well-Known Member

1. Lizardfolk ssp. Gila Monster
    2. Beastmaster Ranger
    3. To return to his desert home and free the people living under the harsh opression of Cayosin and the tribe of Mazdak
    4. Cayosin and the tribe of Mazdak
    5. Born in the wild deserts his tribe called home, Mirik was born into the Gila Lizardfolk tribe of Mazdak, the great warriors of the desert, ruled by their leader Cayosin. Unlike the rest of his tribe, Mirik was a thinker. Shunned from day one by his tribe for thinking, Mirik was kicked out of the tribe shortly after receiving his name. After wandering for several days, the starving Mirik came across an eldery ranger elf, who nursed him back to health. For years, this kind old elf raised him and taught him craftsmanship, use of weaponry, how to read and write, and the art of Beastmastery. Most importantly however, the old elf taught him how to feel emotions, something most Lizardfolk don’t possess. After the elves death, Mirik went deep into the desert to mourn, where he met a giant venomous snake. Strangely, the snake followed him wherever he went and is non-aggressive towards him or any companions he has, and listens to his commands. After naming the snake Imgodid, they travelled the desert defending villages from barbarians and conquerers. On one of his particular ventures he came across the skeleton of a wyvern, aging among the sands of the desert. Donning the skull as his helmet and taking a fang as his dagger, he has become known among the peoples of the desert as “The Dragon Skulled One” and visits to villages usually result in feasts and parties. When Cayosin and the tribe of Mazdak learned of “The Dragon Skulled One” they sought to kill him, as he was stopping their raids on the desert villages. Mirik and Imgodid were forced to flee the desert to save themselves, and they have currently stopped to rest at the town the adventure starts in.

(Adsa) likes this.
  6. (Adsa)

(Adsa) Well-Known Member

Wow that’s a lot of backstory can’t wait to interact with you. On a side note @OstrichMania will we be able to ask for advantages on certain rolls and you can determine if you want it. This is so our characters feel unique and rewards us for making our characters traits because if you don’t have this we are all technically the same character just with different weapons.

7. OstrichMania

The purpose of the backstory is less for dice rolling and more for incorporating it into the story. For example, because of SpinyLiving's backstory, I could make a story that involves going to the desert and fighting his enemies.

(Adsa) and SpinyLiving like this.
  8. (Adsa)

(Adsa) Well-Known Member

Despite this I believe a bonus to certain skills would be helpful to distinguish characters. For example if your character is supposed to be a thief it would make sense for them to do better on rolls involving sneaking or stealing otherwise any character could do just as good a job at these things. If you do not include this it makes the characters have no personality outside of RP, the fighting should reflect the character. Just remember one of the age old rules in writing “Show don’t tell” if our characters can show their backstory rather than just telling it will reinforce our characters identity and aid our story by clarifying who our character is.

9. OstrichMania

Good points, though I wouldn't know how to put those ideas into practice.

(Adsa) likes this.
  10. (Adsa)

(Adsa) Well-Known Member

The way I see it working is a player could ask for a bonus on a roll, then you could determine if their request was valid if so apply to the roll.

11. OstrichMania

But how could I make the dice biast on a dice on the internet?

(Adsa) likes this.
  12. (Adsa)

(Adsa) Well-Known Member

You wouldn’t you would apply a bonus like say the roll was a 10 you say the bonus is plus 2 the roll would end up being a 12 which is a big difference

13. OstrichMania

True, thanks for the advice.

(Adsa) likes this.
  14. SpinyLiving

SpinyLiving Well-Known Member

?

(Adsa) likes this.
  15. (Adsa)

(Adsa) Well-Known Member

Character Creation

1. What race is your character?

Human
    2. What class is your character?
    Bard (but no magic)
    3. What is your character's desire?
    make a living as a traveling musician and eventually return to sea
    4. Who are your character's enemies?
    Connor Paulson, George Greensel, the navy of rothlandia
    5. Write a backstory for your character.

Already done

16. Junklekitteb

Sorry everybody, hectic week but I will post the backstory of my character tomorrow.

Ebirah766 and (Adsa) like this.
  17. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member

I have not found enough time to draft a character yet but rest assured it will happen by the end of the week.

(Adsa) likes this.
  18. Ursus

Ursus Well-Known Member

Not that I would participate, but. Why don't you guys use Roll20?
    Sounds just more convenient since then people can roll on themselves. Cause really rolling is a big element of the game and if you can't roll then what's the fun in that.

SpinyLiving and (Adsa) like this.
  19. OstrichMania

We...... are.

dndnerd, (Adsa) and SpinyLiving like this.
  20. Junklekitteb

1. What race is your character?
    Aarakocra (Indian Ring-neck tribe)

2. What class is your character?
    Druid

3. What is your character's desire?
    To be accepted back into the Elemental plane of air.

4. Who are your character's enemies?
    Pïeska and his tribe.

5. Write a backstory for your character.
    (Please note that the free information available on this race is limited, and most of this backstory is made-up, probably not true to the games lore)
    Banished from the Elemental plane of Air, he reached the material plane, seeking other aarakocras and shying away from other races, however, upon reaching the edges of civilisation, he encountered Pïeska and his magpie tribe of aarakocras, a fiercely territorial group that mobbed him and nearly killed him, but escaping with a broken wing. He made his way slowly to a glade beyond the clutches of the magpies, where he recovered and slowly learnt the ways of the Material plane.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2020
    (Adsa) and SpinyLiving like this.