Join our zoo community

Elephants in Belgium

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Douanita, 18 Dec 2011.

1. Douanita

Douanita Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Again a post from me with the question for information about some elephants.
    Today I'm controling my information on Belgium.
    As you can read in the Limburgse Zoo topic, I'm searching for the third elephant-name.

In this topic I want to ask you all about Lochristi Zoo.
    This zoo had at least one African elephant.
    Found this frase in a Gaia-file (by the way I forget to save this file, can somebody send me a copy?):
    4.5.3.Olifant (in 1991 gezien, niet meer in 1995)
    In 1991 werd een olifant ("dumbo") gezien die volgens de op de kooi aangebrachte gegevens
    geboren was in 1986. De kooi (zonder beschuttingsmogelijkheden) was ongeveer 6x10 m. Er
    was een klein binnenhok dat bestond uit betonplaten. Het dier had niet de beschikking over
    een waterpartij. Toen werd gesteld dat wanneer het dier ouder wordt hier moeilijkheden
    zouden ontstaan inzake veiligheid van publiek en verzorgers. Ook het binnenhok was niet
    stevig en groot genoeg. Dit dier is niet meer gezien in 1995.

Can somebody tell me anything more about this elephant?

Another elephant with questionmarks is the Asian elephant that use to live in Melipark de Panne.
    Can somebody tell me something about this young pachyderm?
    [​IMG]

Can somebody help me?

Greetings from the Netherlands

2. Jordan-Jaguar97

Jordan-Jaguar97 Well-Known Member

3. Douanita

Douanita Well-Known Member

As you perhaps have seen, all elephants I'm asking about are not or not correct in this database.
    Besides Dan Koehl, the moderator, and Ryan Easley, his compagnion, I'm helping these guys with lots of information!
    Douanita is just my alias, my real name is Peter Stolk, wich you can find at 445 of their elephants. ;)
    And many of my updates are not sourced with my name.

DanKoehl likes this.
  4. DanKoehl

DanKoehl Well-Known Member

I can confirm that Mr Stolk has been a great supporter of elephant.se, and contributed with numerous details about elephants.

StoppableSan likes this.
  5. PSO

PSO Well-Known Member

On a side note, would like to personnally thank Dan, Peter and Ryan for their efforts. Hands down the most accurate info on current and past elephants. Have used their sites for years. Dan's in particular for nearly a decade

StoppableSan, E Maximus and DanKoehl like this.