Join our zoo community

Noah's Ark Zoo Farm Elephants

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jacks zoo, 9 Mar 2010.

1. Bele

Bele Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Significant progress is being made with both the house and fencing for the project , this can be seen on their website , where there is a section for the project .

2. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member 15+ year member

If they provide modern and quality spacious housing then I guess elephants will arrive from somewhere in due course, even if its only young bulls that are desperate for re-housing, though that is not their intended aim, which seems to be either to have a breeding group or 'rescues'- its a bit unclear which.

With Longleat's plans for more elephants seemingly falling behind, and this powering ahead, they could realistically become the elephant centre for the area. But having seen the general layout and standard of other enclosures here, I still find it rather difficult to accept this is really happening here.:eek:

3. bazzoobuilder

bazzoobuilder Well-Known Member

NAZF has just reopened after the winter break so you can go past in on the tractor ride.
    Best place to look for pictures in on the web site.
    The weather has made work interesting to say the least.:rolleyes:

4. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Is there any indication what for elephants they could get? Young males? Problematic old cows? Circus animals?

5. bazzoobuilder

bazzoobuilder Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:
    I knew that would probably be the first question.
    :eek:
    Sorry not my department.
    :confused:
    I would like to know as well.
    There are some possibilities, lots of rumors, but to be honest I don’t think anybody knows yet.

:cool:
    I am just building it like the ball park in some old film I saw… “You build it and they will come”