Join our zoo community

Epoxy exhibit work

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by greens, 14 Jul 2011.

1. greens

greens New Member

My name is Ron, I'm new to this scene and would like to get involved in zoo exhibit work......thought this could be a good place to start.
    I specialize is custom made, hand sculpted epoxy inserts for arboreal snakes.
    But this type of exhibit work can fit into any reptile or amphibian display.

www.insertswork.com

These museum and zoo quality inserts are created using an environmentally safe epoxy that cures to an extremely durable/semi flexible plastic.
    Any questions, comments.......feedback would be appreciated,
    Many thanks

2. Jurek7

Jurek7 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hi Ron,

I don't have a zoo, but your things are nice and detailed, bringing interest to the exhibit.

I always thought that very good educational idea for a zoo would be life-size copies of reptiles and amphibians to hold or attached to the info panels.

Small herps tend to hide, and all the educational work is ruined.

3. AnaheimZoo

AnaheimZoo Well-Known Member

Wow, these are very detailed! I could definitely picture snakes and other reptiles in those exhibits. :D I especially like the inserts with the fungus growing on them, it brings more realism to the pieces. I also agree with Jurek7 in adding life-size models of reptiles & amphibians to info panels, as that would give guests who couldn't see the animals themselves a great opportunity to view the "animal" up close. I dream of making a zoo, and I think I'd come to you for exhibit design while I was making my herpetarium. ;)

4. greens

greens New Member

Thank you for your kind words......I try!
    I like the idea of realistic life-size models of reptiles & amphibians attached is something I made using the same epoxy.

[​IMG]