Join our zoo community

European elephants

Discussion in 'Europe - General' started by UntBwe, 21 Aug 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfabrie

mfabrie Member

From which german forum?

2. dragon(ele)nerd

dragon(ele)nerd Well-Known Member

Quite frankly i believe that Nikolai is going to Hannover since he is a proven breeder and Taking over Calvin's job to prevent inbreeding or variation.

Calvin will probably be sent to Munster to breed with The younger cows such as: Corny, Ratna and Bala

Chamundi is probably going to Budapest because he has had his chance in the spot light and no magic has happened he is almost 16. Although bulls in the wild will mate at around 20-30 when they can stand up against older bulls.

this is just in theory because i'm a thirteen year old asian boy who keeps a database of 300 elephant profiles.

3. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Dragon[ele]nerd

[

this is just in theory because i'm a thirteen year old asian boy who keeps a database of 300 elephant profiles.[/QUOTE]

You sound like a man after my own heart. Have you met our patrick yet?

Welcome to Zoobeat.

4. UntBwe

UntBwe Well-Known Member

Chamundi is much unexperienced for serious mating. The ladies are laughing at him when he tries. He has the same problems as Sammy of Amersfoort Zoo(temporarely in Rotterdam Zoo). Both has the same age and both has to grow a little more and build up more selfconfidence.

At Budapest Chamundi will met two older ladies: Hella and Zitta, who came originally from Emmen Zoo. The two ladies are not for mating, so Chamundi can just stay there and grow. Maybe over 10 years or so he can go to another zoo with young females.

Alexander, who is visiting Amersfoort Zoo these days, has already mated all four girls, and hopely we will see a babyboom in Amersfoort in the second half of next year. This year the zoo starts to build a new elephant house for the females and their offspring. It's not certain where Alexander will go after this visit. When Sammy is back home in Amersfoort he can't mate the four girls for at least two years, probably three years. So, he also can do something at is confidence.

Nikolai is owned by Hannover Zoo and they needed him for mating the younger females. In Amsterdam he made Thong Tai pregnant, and the baby is expected in spring 2009. Therefore his "job" was done, and he could go back home.

5. Jurek7

Jurek7 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

O, temporary visits of bulls work! I think many of earlier failures were because females were infertile.

I hope that there exist some docile but mature bull which could be permanently employed for s*x trips all over Europe. Even for zoos with young, 8 y old females and youngish bulls.

Life of some zoo elephants start to look interesting ;)

6. UntBwe

UntBwe Well-Known Member

Dierenrijk Europa near Eindhoven is building an elephant exhibit only for bulls. They want to keep a maximum of three elephants. This is the 8th zoo with elephants in The Netherland.

I hope that the two young bulls (Than Myan and Kan Kaung) of Emmen Zoo will go there.

And the latest news of the two former circus elephants Indra and Rekka at Burgers' Zoo: A German judge ruled that the two will definitive not going back to the circus. Burgers will keep them and give them a peaceful place to live.

7. Upali

Upali Well-Known Member

I thought Alexander was going onto Sevilla after mating, to join 6 other young bulls. Im sure i read he was going to "retire" there as he already has alot of descendents as well as coming from well represented Ramat Gan line.

Is there any plans to mate Sammy with any of the cows at Rotterdam while hes there e.g. Bangka. As he's not related to any of them, and hes older than Timber whos still a little young.

8. UntBwe

UntBwe Well-Known Member

Sammy is spending a lot of time with Bangka...;)

9. dragon(ele)nerd

You sound like a man after my own heart. Have you met our patrick yet?

Welcome to Zoobeat.[/QUOTE]

Not in Person but i hear he is the uber god of elephants around here.

10. dragon(ele)nerd

Alexander is going to Sevilla because the EEP association descendent limit has been reached for him.
    Inculding the elephants that are confirmed pregnant i think he has 13 descendents, 12 in the EEP association.

Sammy should stay in Rotterdam in my opion because he is not accepted by the older females in Amersfoort.

By the way if i'm thirteen how old are you guys?

11. UntBwe

UntBwe Well-Known Member

That's why Alexander came to Amersfoort. When all females are pregnant Sammy is not allowed to mate them. He got a three years or so to grow and to got more confidence. Then he hopely is able to mate them all.

Sammy "belongs" to Amersfoort. He was raised there after the early death of his mother in Paris, where he came from at the age of 14 months. Chit Mimi adopted him.

12. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Not in Person but i hear he is the uber god of elephants around here.[/QUOTE]

He is indeed! Tread carefully though - he has been known to slay the odd Monkey King as well!

You will find some extremely knowledgeable people on this forum - both here in Australia and in Europe as well. I appreciate your interest in this subject and look forward to learning from you as well as our other "elenerds"!

13. dragon(ele)nerd

He is indeed! Tread carefully though - he has been known to slay the odd Monkey King as well!

You will find some extremely knowledgeable people on this forum - both here in Australia and in Europe as well. I appreciate your interest in this subject and look forward to learning from you as well as our other "elenerds"![/QUOTE]

Thanks, i just want to ask are the locals here adults or kids like me?

14. CZJimmy

CZJimmy Well-Known Member

There are more kids on here than you may think, for instance there is me and WrithedHornbill not to mention some more.

Welcome to the forum!

15. dragon(ele)nerd

You are right, Chit Mi Mi i hear is even spotted cuddling him. If Alexander does mate with the older females it will buy at least another 2 years because elephant cows in captivity have been known to ovulate more regularly.

Through The keepers i know at Melbourne zoo ( I'm a friend of the Zoo memeber FOTZ) Confirmed my theory that Mek Kaph's reproductive organs shut down simply because she didn't become pregnant by prime breeding age. Keepers believe that Bong Su didn't mate with Mek Kaph because the two mantained a brother-sister relationship they grew up together.

In with the case of Sammy he probably will only mate with Indra and many Jula because his "adopted" mother Chit Mi Mi and Khine War War will be too dominate even in the wild bulls are scared from Matriachs.

16. UntBwe

UntBwe Well-Known Member

Look here for one of my photo series of Dutch elephants. You see Sammy cuddling with Mimi: True Love pictures from scenery & nature photos on webshots

17. dragon(ele)nerd

Just wondering does anyone know if Irma has gone under a procedure to remove the dead calf in her Uterus?

18. Al

Al Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Johti and Vishesh from Belfast are now on their way to Ostrava as we speak!

19. UntBwe

UntBwe Well-Known Member

As far as I know only some treatment to stimulate the contractions. It's now up to nature...

20. mfabrie

mfabrie Member

Why are the two ladies leaving for Ostrava.

Is there a bull coming to there?

Tina will stay behind in Belfast than

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.