Join our zoo community

Fantasy Zoo Challenge

Discussion in 'Fantasy Zoos' started by longleat diego, 13 Oct 2014.

1. longleat diego

longleat diego Well-Known Member

Challenge: You have just bought a small plot of land 30-50 acres of lush farmland. Design a zoo that you would have bear in mind you're budget is 2 million euros.:):D:cool::rolleyes:;)

2. AverageWalrus

AverageWalrus Well-Known Member

How much is that in US Dollars?

3. cloudedleopard

cloudedleopard Well-Known Member

2 million euros is $2,528,770.00!
    If I bought 50 acres, for example, I would divide the land and use 40 acres for six ungulate paddocks. The remaining acres would be for paths, signs, and a cafe and gift shop combo at the end.
    North America would have bison, pronghorn, mule deer, elk, and white-tailed deer (8 acres)
    South America would have alpaca, llama, mara, guanaco, rhea, capybara, giant anteater and Brazilian tapir (9 acres)
    Europe would have chamois, ibex, red deer and fallow deer (4 acres)
    Africa would have Masai giraffe, ostrich, Grevy's zebra, crowned crane, impala, sitatunga and springbok (7 acres)
    Asia would have Eld's deer, hog deer, Reeves' muntjac, blackbuck, nilgai, Indian peafowl, Indian rhino, axis deer, and barasingha deer. (6 acres)
    Australia would have swamp wallabies, wallaroos, Bennett's wallabies, Parma wallabies, emus, red kangaroos, gray kangaroos, and budgies and lorikeets in a netted aviary (6 acres)

4. longleat diego

longleat diego Well-Known Member

nice idea i will do mine soon