Join our zoo community

Farm/Zoo/Wildlife Park

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by PrimoCulture Farms, 30 May 2018.

1. PrimoCulture Farms

PrimoCulture Farms Active Member

Just looking for opinions, eventually I'd like add a "safari" type attraction to our farm. Add antelope, bison, ratites, kangaroos ect to the fields and woods and do tours from wagons. My two questions are do you think it would draw decent crowds and what kinds of things would you include or like to see?

2. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

So, what your'e saying, is you are going to start a zoo. :D

Many people on this site have tried, and only some worked out. I wish you luck! I think the fact that it will be part of your farm may make it easier for you to start it.

Personally, I would like to see Red River Hogs and some sort of crocodillian.

3. Canihelpyou?

Canihelpyou? Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Decent crowds? Depends where you live. If on a place thats easily accesable or well known, having a exotic attraction is sure to get people in.
    What i would like to see? Pretty much everything you said. Antelopes, ratities, kangaroos are great for safari rides. Bisons not to sure to be honest. Those could be kinda aggressive. Maybe add a small place "pick up place" with small mammals, and like birdsandbats said, maybe crocodillians.

4. PrimoCulture Farms

PrimoCulture Farms Active Member

I'd love to get Red River Hogs I've only seen a few for sale and they are some serious $.
    I'd like to incorporate some u-pick apples and other fruits and it'll be like grocery shopping at the zoo. Maybe with wagon ride tours. The crocodillian would be cool in a big hot house pond with maybe cichlids.

birdsandbats likes this.