Join our zoo community

Favorite and Least Favorite Classes

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by IndianRhino, 8 Dec 2021.

Tags:
  1. IndianRhino

IndianRhino Well-Known Member

I know there is a thread similar to this already but it's been several years since someone last posted in it so I think it should be fine if I create this. For anyone who is currently in school or college, what are your favorite and least favorite classes you're taking currently? For anyone past this stage of life, feel free to share some of your favorite and most memorable classes when you were in school or college.

I'm currently a sophomore in high school and I'm taking 6 classes (PE, Algebra 2, Spanish 3, AP Physics, AP World History, and English).

My favorite two would definitely be PE and Spanish. PE is a super easy class and the only thing I don't really like about it is running but luckily I've been gifted with long legs so running comes pretty easily to me. Spanish is also a really easy class for me, I have always enjoyed learning new languages and it has been quite easy for me to learn Spanish since there are so many words that are similar sounding to English words. The interesting thing is most of the native Spanish speakers in my class aren't doing as well in the class as I and other non-natives are. :p I'm guessing it's because the Spanish we learn in school is different from the Spanish most of those kids have learned and used growing up.

Moving on to least favorites. Both my AP classes. I absolutely hate AP Physics, I'm just not smart enough for that class lol. Now this is going to sound terrible but I haven't scored above a 55% on any exams so far. BUT we get half a point for each point we lost by doing test corrections so I'm hanging in there with a B. The only thing keeping me going is that about 90% of the class feels the same way I do so I'm not too worried. As for AP World, that's a totally different story. I was very excited for this class going into the school year since history has always been one of my favorite subjects. I was actually doing really well when it came to knowing facts and multiple choice & short answer questions were/are my strong suit. BUT about a month into school we wrote our first essay (aka LEQ aka long answer question) in the class and that's where it started going downhill. Apparently my problem is I don't know how to connect the themes of history and write a good argument about it. Anyway, I have a B in that class as well and I'm actually getting better at writing essays so let's hope I master it by May when I have to take the AP test.

I'm indifferent when it comes to my other two classes, Algebra 2 and English, because I'm doing pretty well in both classes but don't particularly enjoy/hate them either. Anyways, thanks for listening to my ted talk about my classes and I'm looking forward to reading your responses!

Bisonfan likes this.
  2. Bisonfan

Bisonfan Well-Known Member

im in grade 8 and my favourites are PE and science and my least favourites are math and health.

IndianRhino likes this.
  3. BerdNerd

BerdNerd Well-Known Member

I'm also a sophomore in high school, with my favorite classes being Art and Computer Editing, and my least favorite being Geometry and Physics.

IndianRhino likes this.
  4. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Well-Known Member

I’m in grade 8 and my least favorite classes are writing my fave is pe, only because I can hang out with my friends

IndianRhino likes this.
  5. Mr.Ivory

Mr.Ivory Well-Known Member

Oh despite being older than me, you have much to learn about about native Spanish speakers, schools teach us is not Mexican Spanish it's Spanish from Spain.

Last edited: 8 Dec 2021
  6. HungarianBison

HungarianBison Well-Known Member

I'm in the third year of high school, but I have four and a half years until university starts for me because of the strange Hungarian school system (to avoid misunderstandings, I haven't failed).
    My favourite classes are Art, Biology, English and Geography, least favourite ones are ICT and Hungarian grammar.

IndianRhino likes this.
  7. IndianRhino

I know that vosotros is only used in Spain but I’m pretty sure the rest of it is relatively similar to the Spanish used in Mexico.

8. aardvark250

aardvark250 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Favourite: Mammalia
    Least favourite: idk, probably some parasite class

If we are talking about school class (from my secondary school/high school, not uni)

Favourite: Maths (at least the compulsory part) and to a lesser extend, Chemistry and English. Of coure P.E too but it doesnt feel like a class to compare with others.

Least favourite: Chinese and Liberal Studies (i dont have time to go through our education system though so you probably wont get it)

Last edited: 8 Dec 2021
    IndianRhino likes this.
  9. Bengal Tiger

I forgot to mention that I enjoy band. I had my concert an hour or so before my writing this.

10. IndianRhino

Band geek :rolleyes::p

Just kidding lol. Hope your concert went well! I too was a "band geek" till 7th grade but ended up choosing Spanish over band in 8th grade which I don't entirely regret. The annoying thing for me was that my instrument (bass clarinet) was pretty big and quite heavy so bringing it home and back to school wasn't very fun and bass clarinets don't have the most interesting and fun parts in songs anyway. Most band kids (around here at least) ended up dropping out of band by the time they got to high school and tbh a lot of the high school band kids are kinda weird and annoying :eek::p

Bengal Tiger likes this.
  11. Bengal Tiger

Not for me lol