Join our zoo community

Favorite Parts of a Zoo

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Big_Cat_Fan0307, 13 Nov 2011.

1. Big_Cat_Fan0307

Big_Cat_Fan0307 New Member

I'm writing a paper over what makes a good zoo, and I would like some feedback on what you think makes a zoo good. What brings you in and makes you feel like you haven't wasted your time or money by going to the zoo.

It's much appreciated.

Big_Cat_Fan0307

2. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Happy animals, in good educational exhibits.

3. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member

Feel like the animals are compfortable at home in there enviroment and that there is a variety of exhibits and species too see. For a more average visitor too a zoo, a well stopped gift shops, nice food at good prices. I'll think of some more later, tho I admit that I haven't worded that very well, sorry.

4. LoveGoing2Zoo

LoveGoing2Zoo New Member

For us, its a safe family friendly environment. We have season passes to our Zoo and over the summer, we probably visited 7-8 times. It made us feel good to visit when we would see employees actually taking some animals out for a walk or spending that extra time with them. You could see the passion. We also knew that we could let our little girls roam around and there's not threat of animals getting out, etc. And there's lots to see so everytime we went we saw different animals, etc. Hope that helps!

5. Meaghan Edwards

Meaghan Edwards Well-Known Member

Conservation work, educational efforts and comfortable animals. Fancy, elaborate enclosures are nice, but to me, the enclosure can be nothing to look at, but what matters to me is that the animals are humanely taken care of.