Join our zoo community

Favourite movies and why you love them

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by ZooTripper365, 29 Oct 2023.

1. ZooTripper365

ZooTripper365 Well-Known Member

Pretty simple really I just thought I'd make a thread where people can talk about their favourite movies, discuss why their great, voice their opinions and above all just have a nice chat away from the usual zoo subjects.

2. Fallax

Fallax Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Jurassic Park, Alien, The Matrix, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Scarface, Life of Brian, entire LOTR trilogy...

3. Moorhunhe

Moorhunhe Well-Known Member

I'm more of an animation kind of person.
    "Secret life of pets 2", "Pirates, and band of misfits" and "Wallace and Gromit, the curse of the WhereRabbit" I have seen so much I've lost count.

But Lion King is the ultimate favorite. Not the latest CGI one, that was horrible and painful to watch.

This obsession (if you will) started in 1994 when I was 11.
    I had no friends back then, was always alone and bullied in school, and when the movie came out, the music, the voice cast (and mainly Jonathan Taylor Thomas back then, haha) it just all fit so well together, and those African tones in the music I really liked.

In 2003 I joined a forum, and who I consider my best friend now I have met through there back then, though, she lives in America, so that's "annoying", but we've met a couple of times throughout the years.
    And met some other friends because of it that I consider much more of good friends then people I have met in real life.
    And in 2005 I met my now boyfriend there, so we've known each other for 18 years, and been together now for 7 years.
    I also have a very extensive collection of over 2000 items.

In the meantime we have also been lucky enough to meet Matthew Broderick.

As for other movies, most things with Robin Williams/John Travolta/Nicolas Cage/Ryan Reynolds/Bruce Wilis.
    Mrs Doubtfire, Face Off, Die Hard, ... golden oldies I guess.

Osedax likes this.
  4. Strathmorezoo

Strathmorezoo Well-Known Member

As I am having to rest up for awhile because of minor surgery on my foot that has become infected, it has given me the opportunity to think what were my favourite and the chance to watch my favourite 3 films
    The Goonies...Great film to either watch with grand kids...or not
    Zulu...large parts of this film are not factual, but who cares, great film plus its the first film my dad took me to
    The Quiet Man...old John Wayne film loosely based on taming the shrew,only this one is much funnier
    Could have chosen many more

ZooTripper365 likes this.