Join our zoo community

Field Trip zoo of 10 yrs ago, help me remember please!!

Discussion in 'United States' started by asystmd, 11 Jul 2013.

1. asystmd

asystmd New Member

So when I was younger I went on a field trip to an indoor rainforest exhibit... I'm not sure if it is in a zoo, botanical garden, or free-standing establishment etc. I didn't really see any animals, except butterflies and birds mostly, but that could've been that it was a morning field trip to a place that gets good at 3-4 when the animals are actually out lol :p ... One distinctive feature is that it had multiple levels kind of ... it had gray paved paths that were made to look "natural" as possible, it had a walkway upwards (kind of like a second story to look over the exhibit from higher) and then shortly thereafter you left the exhibit. It was very small...
    Okay so to the location-- I went to school in Northern VA but went to a private school so field trips stayed pretty close. So this zoo/botanical garden/ rainforest exhibit is on the east coast and would be in Virginia, Maryland, or DC... If you think of something that matches the most vague description on the planet help me out ;)

2. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I think that the National Aquarium in Baltimore has a multi-level rain forest with birds and butterflies. The Amazonia rain forest exhibit at the Smithsonian National Zoo might also fit your description.