Join our zoo community

Belfast Zoo First edition of 'Zoo crack'!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Al, 7 Jan 2011.

1. Al

Al Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hi everyone! Not sure if I have attached it right but here is Belfast Zoo's first edition of our 'Zoo crack' newsletter! I have about 60 in total so if this has added right I hope you enjoy reading abit of our history! :)

Last edited: 8 Jan 2011
  2. Al

hey just checking if anyone finds this kind of thing interesting or not? Incase i spend ages uploading more! :)

3. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I do,:) though a little difficult to read. Do you have any that focus on the Gorillas? particularly when the group was first set-up or births?

4. SMR

SMR Well-Known Member

They are interesting, but they're also copyright, something that's worth bearing in mind.

5. FBBird

FBBird Well-Known Member 10+ year member

BELFAST ZOO

I love this sort of thing, but could you magnify it a bit? I can't read the tiny print & I'm not clever enough to enlarge it this end.

6. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Do you think we're infringing Copyright then, doing this?:(

7. SMR

SMR Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, yes, but it's not for me to decide whether uploading them is the wrong thing to do. Just bear in mind that there are likely to be many copyright holders, the zoo and all the photographers.

8. Al

I have deleted the above newsletters incase as SMR has stated I have infringed on copyright. That being said I know the zoo does not have a problem with it but severely doubt the ability to contact any past photographers!

Pertinax - I do have all info on the formation of the gorillas group over several articles, including births etc. I might try and pm you the info if i can. If you copy and paste onto a word document i reckon you could read them.

9. moloch gibbon

moloch gibbon Active Member

Al, I'd imagine that the zoo has copyright on all content, as any photos (or text) by staff automatically become the intellectual property of their employers; those pictures taken by outsiders (i.e contracted photographer) become the property of the zoo if the zoo has commissoned and paid for them.

10. sooty mangabey

sooty mangabey Well-Known Member

A shame these have been taken away - surely, even if they were copyright, no-one would object to their being here.

I rather like the fact that Belfast produced this free newsletter for so many years. Is it still coming out? I have the first 60 or so, so I was looking forward to Al getting to about 2008...