Join our zoo community

Noah's Ark Zoo Farm For all you Noahs Ark Zoo Farm Fans

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Vulpes, 6 Feb 2010.

1. mazfc

mazfc Well-Known Member

Probably explains why I couldn't see any snakes then.

2. Clouded Leopard

Clouded Leopard Well-Known Member

Zoo owner launches autobiography - the life story of Anthony Bush, creator of the Noah's Ark Zoo Farm

Shop @ Noah's Ark Zoo Farm

3. mazfc

mazfc Well-Known Member

If its good enough for Anne Widdecombe...

4. gentle lemur

gentle lemur Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Have they got an old trout exhibit now? :D

Alan

5. WILLTRAVERSTY

WILLTRAVERSTY New Member

If any of you lot ever bother with the written word in its true form,then the scurrilous journal International Zoo News has an article on the proposed elephant sanctuary at Noahs Ark.Scandalously these people intend to breed the poor tusked prisoners..as someone rather knowledgeable said last night on the One Show[BBC] "better a year in the wild than a lifetime in a zoo".

6. Johnny Morris.

Johnny Morris. Well-Known Member

:confused:

7. Stefka

Stefka Well-Known Member

I know some animals that would disagree... :p

8. bigcat speciali

bigcat speciali Well-Known Member

Ah, the Harrods' lion cub and the very biased view from BBC1 The One Show. Very ambiguois remark to make, where there are good and bad zoos around the world, it would be very niave and simplistic to imply that a zoo or all zoos are all bad. Having met Virginia while at Glasgow in response to the Italian Asiastic Black Bear that was rescued and brought back by her as well as the BBF, I can see in some respect where she is coming from however, there lies the dilema. Her and even her late husband's and even Will's belief and views lack all the facts on what zoos really do and where a good zoo helps in the conservation of the species or many species... Noah's Ark has a very different agenda, one that I do not agree with let alone share the views or mission statements of.

9. stubeanz

stubeanz Well-Known Member

Just watched the snake video! possibly the worst venomous snake handling ive seen! a foot being put in the cobras face.... children waving infront of the glass.... a snake hook being literaly shoved down the vipers mouth just so it will open!

and im sure an animal would prefer to be in a GOOD zoo free from disease, starvation and predation rather than struggling with the hardships of the wild for a year!;)

10. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Just a swift one here.

WILLTRAVESTY. Your name just says it .... :rolleyes: Not one for a scurillous remark: find a church probably same vein as NAF, preach to the converted and be done with yourself. And while you are at it, lock yourself up in the wilds, throw away the key and get a life. :eek:

BTW: I read the feature!!!