Join our zoo community

French zoos will stay closed due to Covid-19 crisis

Discussion in 'France' started by Antoine, 25 Nov 2020.

1. Antoine

Antoine Well-Known Member 10+ year member

A lockdown was again decreed in France since Friday, October 30, and yesterday our President was talking about the near future and the suites.
    If the shops, stores and businesses are reauthorized to open from next Saturday 27 November, it will not be the case for a lot of activities such as restaurants, bars, discotheques, cinemas...and leisure parks !
    We have other dates (December 15th and January 20th) for new authorized activities (if the crisis goes on the good side) but it seems that leisure park are not concerned by the first and maybe not the second !
    So, there will be a long time before zoolovers could visit again parks in France :(

2. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

So it's not just Parc Felins (as I noted on their news thread), it is all French zoos. It's a sad situation but perhaps a necessary one. Here in USA they are all open as far as I know, but most with advance online tickets required and limited number of visitors (which is nice because I hate crowded zoos and I wish they had always been this way).

3. Antoine

Beauval just announced they will open next year January 30th...so the doucs could be viewable (after the 40 days quarantine). A good gift for a first visit next year :)

Arizona Docent likes this.
  4. Antoine

Paris Zoological Park and Menagerie du jardin des Plantes announced that they are quite confident for a reopening from December 16th.
    I don't understand why they could but let's hope a good news !

5. Valentin

Valentin Well-Known Member

La Flèche announces an opening on December 15. I don't quite understand how they can say that ...

6. Antoine

Due to the Covid-19 evolution all the french zoos will remain closed until 7th january 2021.

7. Antoine

This week the french zoos association lead by Rodolphe Delord, Zoo de Beauval's owner, met the minister of small and medium companies to apply for change in condition to access a state grant reserved to entreprises which won more than 1 million euros per month, more interesting that the one they have already access to.
    The minister said the government heard the request and will think about it.

Valentin likes this.
  8. Antoine

I felt to mention that probably the reopening of the zoos will be delayed for few weeks more. At the beginning, reopening was due for the end of january. Beauval has already delayed its opening to february 15th two weeks ago.

Valentin and Arizona Docent like this.
  9. Antoine

The Parc Animalier d'Auvergne announced that regarding the situation and the absence of governmental decisions for zoos activities they are obliged to delay their reopening to the end of march. They hope they can open for easter.

10. Antoine

As the rules didn't change all french zoos are delaying their opening and now are expecting to welcome visitors for easter.

11. Antoine

It seems that Christmas for french zoos will be may 19th this year : from this date they will be able to reopened :)

Valentin likes this.