Join our zoo community

Darling Downs Zoo FUTURE PLANNING SURVEY

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Steve Robinson, 20 May 2015.

1. Zorro

Zorro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The zoo has stated on their website that they would like to add Rhinos, Nyala and Bongos. I believe Sri Lankan Leopards are still part of the plan, much of what appears to be happening is building the new Endangered Africa exhibit now that their land footprint has added 122 acres to the zoos 55 acres

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I just really like Stoats and leopard geckos and both species aren’t in Australia, but stoats are killers and can be aggressive.

3. Zorro

Zorro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Looking back at this older thread of September 2016 that mentions zoos are still waiting for the IRA for Bovids to be completed even at this point it appears this is two years on from this it was expected to be finished. Now in 2020 we can only hope species like the Bongo among others can hold on until it will be finally be completed, I wonder how long a IRA for Okapi would take seeing Taronga would like them?

4. MRJ

MRJ Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

There is a note of cynicism here. Keep in mind that this is the first IRA so there are a lot of procedural matters to be ironed out that won't affect later IRA's, and delays are on the government side not the zoos side.