Join our zoo community

Gach Creutair Beo (vets)

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by kiang, 9 Nov 2011.

Tags:
  1. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

A new series i came across on the BBC I-player, follows various vets across the north of Scotland, mainly in gaelic (Scottish native language), the programme features the vets attending the Highland wildlife park and Blair Drummond safari park.

BBC iPlayer - Gach Creutair Beo: Series 1: Episode 1

Episode 1 features vets attending Blair Drummond's lion pride to treat an ill female and administer contraceptives before the arrival of a new male.
    A new born white rhino is also checked over and weighed.

BBC iPlayer - Gach Creutair Beo: Series 1: Episode 2

Episode 2 features the sexing and vaccination of 3 Scottish wildcat kittens at HWP.
    As well as hoof work on a donkey and a check up for a sealion at Blair Drummond.

2. Shirokuma

Shirokuma Well-Known Member

These are quiite good programmes, nice if you fancy something to watch at the end of the day that is pleasant without being completely moronic and it doesn't spend half the programme constantly telling you what's 'coming up'. It's also good to see and find out more about the Highland Wildlife Park which I find one of the more interesting collections in the UK.