Join our zoo community

German Zoo Guidebooks on eBay

Discussion in 'Zoo Memorabilia' started by Baldur, 26 Mar 2009.

1. Baldur

Baldur Well-Known Member

I have listed 57 German guidebooks, ranging from the early 1920s to the late 1980s, on the British eBay, and still have 52 ones to add, so a chance to fill in gaps in your own collection. You find the auction by following the below web address:

eBay Seller: swisseducation: Books, Comics Magazines items on eBay.co.uk

I am most happy to ship worldwide even if it says on the auctions that I am only allowing local pickup. eBay would not allow me to insert the correct postage cost, reason being that they assume everyone who sells on the British eBay is British, whereas I am in Iceland, but I do almost all of my shopping on the British side so I figured I should sell there too. Last time I did and it was only success. Iceland is between Europe and America so shipping over to either continent should not be too expensive. All guides are in excellent condition.

2. zooman

zooman Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hi Baldur, I would be interested in guide books with pictures of gorillas and or enclosures pre 1950. If you could let me know what guide books meet this requirement. I would really apreciate it.

3. Baldur

Baldur Well-Known Member

Howdy mate, only four guidebooks of those I am auctioning in this lot have gorillas on the cover (strange for such magnificent creatures!) which are Frankfurt 1977 (on auction now) and then Stuttgart 36th edition and booklets on the ape houses of Krefeld and Hannover (will go on auction next week). As to covers with pictures of enclosures before 1950, I'm not auctioning too many from that era, but those I have mainly display close-ups of various animals or drawings. One (Munich 1932) will go on auction next week, it has a drawing of the elephant paddock, featuring a keeper with a female and calf, so if you are interested, keep an eye on that one mate!