Join our zoo community

German Zoo Worlds hopefully Zoo Plans for 2021

Discussion in 'Germany' started by German Zoo World, 10 Feb 2021.

1. German Zoo World

German Zoo World Well-Known Member

Hello Guys, i Hope that i can visit several of the following Zoos here in Germany but due to the Corona Virus i dont know If it is possible but here are the Zoos that i hope to visit in 2021.

Wilhelma Zoo Stuttgart:

This Zoo is my Home Zoo because the Zoo is only an hour from where i live. I visit this Zoo at least 1 time Every year and i Plan on going this year when the new Australia House and maybee the Bird/small mammal House are finaly Open.

Animals i want to See:

Kaka Parrot, Kirk Dik Dik, Greater Roadrunner, Naked Mole Rat, Queensland Koala, Goodfellows Tree Kangaroo

I want to visit the Animal Houses again that where closed on my last visit last year due to the Corona Virus.

Heidelberg Zoo:

I have visited this Zoo a few Times but i have never Made good Pictures of this Zoo. I Plan on doing Exhibit Photos because on the Zoo Chat Gallery there are Not that many Exhibit Photos of this Zoo.

Animals i want to See:

Foosa, Crowned Sifaka, Asian Golden Cat, Tufted Deer, Ermine, Striped Skunk, Stellers Sea Eagle, Southern Ground Hornbill

Tomorrow i do the Zoos that i have never been to i only say, Linnaeus Mouse Opossum and Sudan Cheetah.

And now i have a little Quiz for my fellow Zoo Chatters and i want to know which Zoos do i mean?

Last edited: 10 Feb 2021
  2. Someokapinextdoor

Someokapinextdoor Well-Known Member

Heidelberg's sifaka died recently.

The next zoo should be Frankfurt. Maybe Landau after that?

German Zoo World likes this.
  3. German Zoo World

You are right Frankfurt and Landau

4. German Zoo World

So sad i Hope they get a new one

5. German Zoo World

Frankfurt Zoo:

This is a Zoo with many rare Species, many rare birds and small/Nocturnal mammals are the Species i look forward to see.
    I think the great ape House, carnivore House and Nocturnal house all look very interesting.

Animals i want to See:

Linnaeus Mouse Opossum, Yellow bellied Rat, prehensile Tailed porcupince, Brown Kiwi, aardvark, foosa, southern cassowary, black rhino, crested caracara, komodo dragon, and so much more,the list would go on for days.....

Landau Zoo:

This is a smaller Zoo that has some nice Species. I think their African Savannah and Philippine Islands Enclosure Look very nice.

Animals i want to See:

Sudan Cheetah, White naped mangabey, Madagascar big headed Turtle, scorroro Dove, Blue throated macaw

Göppingen Zoo:

This is the smallest on my list but it has a bit of everything there are Aviarys, a Aquarium/Terrarium, Camels, Monkeys and some smaller Carnivores.

Animals i want to See:

Algerian orange Tailed skink, coruro, crab eating maqaque, Indian Rock python, Sao Francisco piranah, striped Skunk, serval , leopard Cat

This was my Zoo list now i Hope that i can visit some or maybee all of this Zoos.

Your @German Zoo World

By the way if you have some questions feel Free to ask.

6. German Zoo World

Im Happy to announce my First Zoo of the year, tomorrow i will Go to Tripsdrill Wildlife.

7. German Zoo World

Tripsdrill Wildlife

This midsized Zoo Houses animals from the Temperate Regions of Europe, North America and Asia. They also have a Superb bird of Prey collection with many Raritys, such as aguja, African fish Eagle and Andean Caracara.

Added to my Lifetick List:

Crested Caracara
    Mountain Caracara
    Turkey Vulture
    Aguja
    African fish Eagle

8. German Zoo World

Bad Mergentheim Wildlife Park

This is a Zoo that i do visit at least 1 Sometimes 2 or three Times a year. This Zoo has wonderful huge naturalistic enclosures that are very spacious for their inhabitants. I Like their Walk through Aviarys that are so large that you can Walk through the Woodland Birds Aviary and you can Not See their black Storks. The only Enclosure which was Not visable during my visit was the bat Cave with egyptian fruit bats.
    But i did See some of the smaller carnivores that are very hard to Spot Like the Racoon Dogs and the Arctic foxes.

Added to my Lifetick List

Ferruginous Duck

9. German Zoo World

Heidelberg Zoo

This is the First large Zoo of the year. They have some rare Species of birds Like Bluethroat or Rufous Hornbill and i have Seen my First ever Ring tailed Mongoose. Heidelberg has many Species of rare Lemurs and Monkeys. Some of the Enclosures are on the smaller Side but i think they have some nice Species.

Added to my Lifetick List

Peruvian Thick Knee
    Bluethroat
    Rufous Hornbill
    White necked Raven
    Papua Hornbill
    Palawan Hornbill
    Ring tailed Mongoose
    Greater Kudu
    Blessbok
    Striped Skunk
    South American Sea Lion