Join our zoo community

Khao Kheow Forest & Wildlife Reserve Park Getting to Khao Keow

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by Goura, 15 Oct 2018.

1. Goura

Goura Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I am thinking of visiting Khao Keow in December and was wondering if anyone could offer some advice on getting there, accommodation, etc. I can't seem to be able to locate flights from Perth to Pattaya - is there an airport? Or do most people get there from Bangkok?

Any advice appreciated.

2. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Fly to Bangkok. It’s not far.

Goura and ZooBinh like this.
  3. woaqzo

woaqzo New Member

Yes fly to bangkok and rent a car, that is the best way - though Thai drive crazy compared to Australia. In Pattaya there are tours going there too, one you can find online. But the trip is only a halfday trip. Getting there by Taxi/Grabcar shouldn't be a problem. But the zoo is kind of in the middle of no where - so finding a taxi back to Pattaya can be a problem

4. Goura

Thank you - that's what I was concerned about

5. woaqzo

woaqzo New Member

If you still think of taking a taxi I firstly would go to Chonburi (26 km away) in stead of Pattaya (46 km away) (frequent busses to both cities from Bangkok) and secondly invest in a thai sim card and download grabcar (Asias cheap version of Uber). Reason number one is that you would pay much less than a taxi with tourist tarifs. Reason number 2 is that the driver knows where to take you, rural thai often dont speak english and I dont know how good your Thai is (I have been in situation where people dont understand basic words like city or centrum)

6. Goura

Thank you - that's very good information. I was actually thinking of staying in Chonburi as it certainly looks closer on the map. I hope to sort out my travel plans soon, but the way it's looking right now, I may have to wait until next year. Much appreciated!