Join our zoo community

Global Zoo Births

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by OstrichMania, 12 Sep 2018.

1. OstrichMania

OstrichMania Well-Known Member 5+ year member

This is a thread for zoo births around the globe. If you want to find birth news easily, I would suggest checking out the website ZooBorns. It provides you with daily animal births around zoos and I find it extremely helpful to use. The link is here: ZooBorns

2. OstrichMania

Yesterday, a trio of Red-Necked Wallaby joeys moved from Ione and Paul Harter Care Center where they were hand raised. They now call San Diego Zoo Safari Park home. They have settled in the new 'Walkabout Australia' exhibit. The names are Laura, Thelma and Tatum. Staff continue to bottle- feed the joeys three times a day but they will be gradually reducing the amount until they weane at the end of October. They currently stand at around 20 inches tall and weigh between 9 and 13 pounds each.

3. littleRedPanda

littleRedPanda Well-Known Member

I think zooborns is a well known site to forum users, but it is far from comprehensive and many births are posted on this forum before zooborns. Saying that, I stumbled upon the site before zoochat, as well as a facebook page that I can't find anymore, reporting many UK zoo births (run by a forum member I think).

TheMightyOrca likes this.
  4. OstrichMania

I am open for other suggestions, zoobirths was just the easiest way that I could find. I might try to find out about that facebook page.

5. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

We have nearly 2,500 zoos covered on ZooChat - I'm not sure that a single thread attempting to cover all zoo births is the best approach.

We already have news threads on most zoos - that is generally the best place to post news about births.

TheMightyOrca and Kakapo like this.
  6. OstrichMania

Not trying to be rude, but I think that we need a thread like this for easier access to this information. This would save time for people if say that wanted to find out which zoos have had cougars born in the year. This thread is not about every birth, but more about major births.

But if you really don't want it, then I will be willing to close this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: 13 Sep 2018
    Canihelpyou? likes this.