Join our zoo community

Gmail outage causing ZooChat access problems for some users

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by Simon Hampel, 15 Dec 2020.

1. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

There is a global Gmail outage right now which is causing problems for quite a few users trying to access the site and post.

The issue is caused by Google incorrectly reporting that @gmail.com email addresses are invalid and thus emails sent to those addresses are bouncing back as undeliverable.

Our system automatically disables accounts that have undeliverable email - to prevent the system from continuing to send emails to invalid addresses.

So right now we have a large number of users whose ZooChat accounts have been suspended automatically due to this issue.

I'm looking into what I can do in the meantime, but we are largely just waiting for Google to fix things at their end so emails can start being delivered as normal.

This is affecting all of my websites, so it is a huge issue for me and I'm working to try and resolve things as best I can.

Please email [email protected] if you are having difficulty accessing your account.

2. Simon Hampel

If you have an alternative (non-Gmail) account, you can use - please email me from that account, since I won't be able to reply to @gmail.com addresses until Google fixes this issue.

3. Simon Hampel

4. Simon Hampel

Google have announced the issue is resolved, so I will attempt to reinstate those accounts that were locked out due to bounced emails.

If your account is still not functioning - please email [email protected] and I will investigate.

pipaluk, TheGerenuk and Dhole dude like this.