Join our zoo community

Valley of the Kings Sanctuary & Retreat Golden Tabby Tigers?

Discussion in 'United States' started by birdsandbats, 25 Feb 2019.

1. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I recently read on this site about Golden Tabby Tigers. I had never heard of one before. So I googled them, and on the Wikipedia page, I found this:

I would love to see one, and was planning on visiting this zoo eventually anyway, in my quest to visit all of Wisconsin's zoos. Looking for more info, I found a page on the zoo's website that said they had two Golden Tabbies. Another said both were dead, and another page reassured that the tigers were indeed alive - obviously not the most reliable website.

Does anyone have any info?

2. Hyak_II

Hyak_II Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Not to be crass, but this place looks like a real ********. After a quick search through of geotagged Instagram photos from the past 6 months, I think it's safe to say there are no golden tabby tigers here, just some run down looking generic lions and tigers, some brown bears, a bunch of wolfdogs and domestic dogs, some foxes, and a few cats.

3. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I guess I'll be the judge of that when I go. I don't like judge zoos I haven't been too yet, though if there are photos in the gallery sometimes I do. But there are not gallery photos yet, so I shall have to see...

4. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

Some googling shows the second one was a male named Assam who died in 2013. Given that the two were very likely litter-mates I'd say the female (Jasmine) would also be dead by now.