Join our zoo community

Good Year For The Zoo

Discussion in 'United States' started by Kudu21, 21 Mar 2010.

1. Kudu21

Kudu21 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

This year looks like it's going to be a great year for the Cincinnati Zoo. From the new Dragons exhibit opening in June to the renovated Children's Zoo a lot has been hapening at the zoo. Besides these two things, Giraffe Ridge is being expanded, The Cheetah Encounter is being expanded, and Manatee Springs is being renovated and the new manatees will be at the zoo soon. This marks the begining of the zoo's renovations and additions that will make their way into the scene over the next few years. Of those included are a new African Savannah exhibit and a possible new Reptile exhibit.

2. kbaker116

kbaker116 Well-Known Member

Do you know what species are they planning on including in the Africa Savannah exhibit? and where at? Unless they get rid of Rhino Reserve or near the Giraffe Ridge exhibit I can't imagine where they would put a large African Savannah exhibit.

3. Kudu21

I'll I've heard as of species are the return of the Giant Elands and Ostriches.The Grevy's Zebras may move as well, but I don't know. This exhibit is going to be the parking lot behind Giraffe Ridge. Giraffe Ridge was the opening exhibit for the African Savannah.

4. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

I think that this has been in the Master Plan for over 20 years!

5. groundskeeper24

groundskeeper24 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

True, but now they have more parking and a new entrance. That parking lot by Giraffe Ridge is less neccessary than it used to be. I'd like to see them get some hippos back. Hyenas would be nice, too.

6. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

What about the redo of the cat house and cat canyon? Any news?

MODERATOR - Can you move this thread from the general U.S. forum to the Cincinnati Zoo forum?

7. Kudu21

Yes, that is another thing that will come onto the scene within the next few years. Not much information has really been released as of yet though.