Join our zoo community

Greetings from Claudia Peñalver

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cloe Noir, 23 Jul 2020.

1. Cloe Noir

Cloe Noir New Member

Hello everyone!

I have to introduce myself somehow because I actually use this forum a lot for my researches but not too often talk.
    My name is Claudia and despite I am currently in Australia, I am Spanish! I came here two years ago because I really wanted to study animals in this country which is, just the heaven of all the rarities... You know... Australia, where a "roo" may jump right in front of you or a snake can bite you in the middle of the bushes.

My passion is veterinary, for a big lack of money I can't effort to be a doctor but I did veterinary nursing (back in Spain and here in Australia again). This year, because I wanted to improve my skills into the exotic animals (too many veterinarians into dogs and cats but too little for wildlife or exotics!!) I started a certification in Captive Animals, which is a kind of Zoology course in here (Sydney).

Honestly, due to COVID and other matters, the course is being a real nightmare but I still have lots of assessments to do it though. Actually, an assignment about designing an enclosure for echidnas brought me here... And that is how I met Bruce in Paignton Zoo...
    Later on, I had to write an entire manual (still on it) about echidnas, and I think I am already doing a master degree about Bruce... Feeling like I know this guy withouth being at Paignton Zoo (please be prepared for when I finish the course and I am back to England because I am going straight to visit him)

I might say I am learning a lot with you (more than what I learn in classes!) and you guys are really keeping me "hands-on" into my self-development. All that I can say is, thank you so much, it is nice to see how much passion and vocation is in here and I really appreciate how it feels to read the threads and media everytime I come back.

Thanks a million!!!!

Jungle Man and vogelcommando like this.
  2. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Cloe Noir likes this.
  3. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member

Also from the Netherlands : welcome to ZooChat and enjoy your time here ( and of course your time in Australia ! ) !

Cloe Noir likes this.
  4. Jungle Man

Jungle Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to Zoochat! Enjoy Zoochat and Australia!:)

Cloe Noir likes this.
  5. FBBird

FBBird Well-Known Member

Welcome from a fellow Bruce admirer

Cloe Noir likes this.
  6. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Cloe Noir likes this.
  7. Terry Thomas

Terry Thomas Well-Known Member Premium Member

Welcome. Glad to hear you are enjoying the information available on the site. Good luck with your studies of Aussie wildlfe - there is plenty of it!

Cloe Noir likes this.
  8. MonkeyBat

MonkeyBat Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Cloe Noir likes this.
  9. Dhole dude

Dhole dude Well-Known Member

Welcome to this site!

10. ThatOneZooGuy

ThatOneZooGuy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Zoochat! :)