Join our zoo community

Greetings ZooChat!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JoelW, 5 Sep 2016.

1. JoelW

JoelW Member

Hi all, my name's Joel. Nice to meet you.

I'm in Marketing at the moment but want to move into Animal Science in the near future - always been my passion. I'm Australian but living in London. Have also just started a new online conservation magazine, so looking forward to some educated dialogue in here on animal welfare, and maybe some inspiration on future stories. I don't want to spam you all, but if you've got any feedback on the site I'd love to hear it: conservationjournal.world

Cheers,
    Joel

Last edited: 6 Sep 2016
  2. zooman

zooman Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Welcome Joel

3. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Also from the Netherlands, welcome to ZooChat !

4. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Glad to have you.

Here is just a thought off the top of my head which you are free to ignore. (It is your life and I don't know you and have no business telling you what to do). However, if you have a good paying job in marketing you may be able to do more for conservation by sticking with your career and using the funds to support conservation projects. As I said, take it or leave it.

5. JoelW

JoelW Member

Hey Arizona - thanks for the reply :) That's an interesting thought haha. To be honest, that's part of the reason I started an online conservation magazine that I'm hoping to use to sponsor in situ work. But long term aim is to also be part of that work. After years in a 9-5, my only way out is to enter a field that doesn't depress me!

6. ZooBoyNZ

ZooBoyNZ Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome to ZooChat Joel! :) I took a look at your conservation site; it looks great, and I am looking forward to your future posts in the zoology section! I just wanted to ask, what website company you used for your site as I was very impressed with it!:D Thanks.

7. JoelW

JoelW Member

Hi ZooBoy, thanks for the feedback - much appreciated :) The next piece will likely be on London Zoo - the Zoological Director there has agreed to answer questions, so should be interesting! I actually built the site myself initially, but then had a friend who runs a digital agency polish it off (he knows how to set up child themes, security, SEO etc better than I do!). His agency is Hoxton Design, based in the UK. I can't recommend them highly enough if you're looking for someone in that field. Cheers.