Join our zoo community

Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gary Robson, 25 Feb 2019.

1. Gary Robson

Gary Robson Member

Thanks for all of the welcome messages!

Snowleopard, that's a great review. Thanks for that! We ended up not being able to move the Sanctuary to Roberts (flood plain problems), but we've been able to put a lot of work into habitat upgrades here in Red Lodge. The species list is still pretty close to what we have, except that we no longer have non-native and domestic species.

Hipporex, I didn't realize it was a cult. Do I need anything special for the initiation? Knives? Coprolites? Goat mask? ;)

2. amur leopard

amur leopard Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Honestly, you will pick up so much in the first few days - I've only been here since Saturday and I've already learnt more about 200 species or so. I recommend the Fantasy zoo section, where you could bring in your expertise of Yellowstone to create beautiful and realistic exhibits

3. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The cult requires you to learn everyone's quirks.

4. FunkyGibbon

FunkyGibbon Well-Known Member

Given that Gary actually runs a zoo I think his expertise is probably better spent creating beautiful and real exhibits. Personally I think a lot more users would welcome his input on a range of husbandry and 'bigger picture' debates in the General forum.

ZooBinh and Jambo like this.
  5. Gary Robson

Gary Robson Member

Thank you, FunkyGibbon! I haven't had a chance to check out the General forum yet, but I'll take a look. My point of view might be different from some of the zoo people (sanctuaries are ... pardon the pun ... a different animal), but we tend to have the same conservation and education goals, and we can always learn a lot from each other.

FunkyGibbon, Jambo and birdsandbats like this.