Join our zoo community

Grizzly Bear Exhibit:

Discussion in 'Fantasy Zoos' started by LowlandGorilla4, 15 Oct 2020.

1. LowlandGorilla4

LowlandGorilla4 Well-Known Member

Hi guys, over the summer I've been planning, re-planning, designing, redesigning and looked at a lot of pictures to design my realistic dream zoo. Right now I've decided to redo my North America zone called (as of now) "Frontier Falls". I'm now designing my Grizzly Bear habitat. I want to be large and naturalistic but still realistic to create. Current inspiration is the bear enclosures at the Bronx Zoo, Woodland Park Zoo and Montana Zoo. If you have any suggestions list feel free to list them. I'll be describing my current plans for the enclosure soon :)

2. LowlandGorilla4

LowlandGorilla4 Well-Known Member

The Enclosure is home to a breeding pair of Grizzly bears (Ideally rescued orphans or non-relocatable nuisance animals). The bear exhibit is mostly open grassland with the occasional pine tree or stone, a large pond is home to a group of feeder fish (species to be determined). The bears holding facility is a log cabin where keepers will give a talk with guest while taking care of the bears. The zoo's keeper for the day experience allows guests to enter the keeper portion of the barn and feed the bears.