Discussion in 'Animal Photography' started by Chlidonias, 29 Jun 2014.
let us see if we can get this started again. Five birds, one wild and four captive. Usual rules.
These are the rules carried over from the last thread:
1) one to five photos are allowed per round
2) photos must belong to the poster because that was the whole point of the game when it started
3) if pets or other domestic animals are used the poster must state that one or more of the photos is/are of a domestic animal (and specific breed is not required for the answer)
4) the poster determines how specific an answer is required for wild animals
4a) an individual animal's name is not required!!
5) NO edits are allowed to answers once posted. If you want to make a new guess then make a new post!
6) the winner is determined by the poster and the reason is at their discretion, usually the person who gets most answers correct but alternatively e.g. whoever gets the last correct answer, who posts all correct answers in one post, etc
7) the poster's decision for winner is final
8) the winner can relinquish his or her turn to whomever he/she desires
8a) winners who can't or don't want to post photos can pass on their turn to another member, or leave an open invitation to post photos
9) if the winner does not post photos within 24hrs of the proclamation of the win, anyone can post a new set of photos to keep the game moving
10) new rules can be introduced through the running of the game to the agreement of the players
11) old rules can be jettisoned to the agreement of the players
Photo one : a Spoonbill and I'll say a Black-faced
Photo three : Flamingo ( American / Red / Cuban )
Photo four : Takahe
Photo two: burrowing owl
Maybe the little owl (Athene noctua)?
okay, so far we have one species guessed correctly.
Is rule 4a really necessary?
rule #4a was included back when someone expected people to guess the personal name of an individual animal which was supposed to be famous...
By the way I've found guessed picture in gallery. Thanks for photos made in this facility!
1. Australian Ibis
2. Barking Owl
3. Scarlet Ibis
5. Absolutely No Idea. Can't even picture which part of the bird that is.
Neck and back of head of heron-like bird probably
5 - looks like a darter? I'll be geographically presumptuous and say Australasian Darter.
№2 - Eurasian pygmy owl (Glaucidium passerinum)?
1. Great Egret
2. Barred Owlet
3. Northern Cardinal
4. Wattled Crane
5. Chinese Goose
1. Black-Faced Spoonbill
2. Little Owl
3. No idea! It seems too pink to be a Scarlet Ibis or American Flamingo, though
5. Australian Darter
I deleted some posts not relevant to the game. Moebelle's edit was due to a typo -- he put barred owl instead of barred owlet -- but in future no edits to posts please.
So far we have got three correct answers. I won't say which is which yet -- keep on guessing -- but the three correct answers have been first guessed by three different people.
4. Green Peafowl
to get things moving along: birds number 2, 4 and 5 have all been guessed correctly during the game. Number 5 was the wild bird, so the remaining ones are captive ones.
Royal Spoonbill for number 1.
Moebelle did not get number one correct? The reason I ask is because when I hover my mouse over the thumbnail I can see your file name says great egret. (This trick works for photos one and two, but not for three, four, five).
Separate names with a comma.