Join our zoo community

guidebook exchange forum

Discussion in 'Zoo Memorabilia' started by Paradoxurus, 10 Mar 2008.

1. Paradoxurus

Paradoxurus Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Would it be a good idea to set up a forum for exchanging zoo material like guidebooks and annual reports?

I am sure that most members of this forum collect some kind of zoo ephemera and would be interested in forging links with like-minded collectors in other nations.

I have a surplus box that I cannot empty in the uk as the guidebooks are common and everyone here has them already. But I am sure that there are non-UK members who would be most grateful for them - perhaps in exchange for guidebooks for their local zoos?

I would be a regular user of such a forum. What does anyone else think?

2. ZYBen

ZYBen Well-Known Member

it may be possible, i am just thinking logistics, and really giving out adresses is not smart over the net (even though most of us here are sane, but what if AS knew where you lived!)

I cant see it being too much of a problem, but there would have to be some restrictions like you have to be an active member or somethng maybe a certain number of posts 50ish, dunno Sim what do you think

3. Paradoxurus

Paradoxurus Well-Known Member 15+ year member

To become a member of this forum, the details you have to supply are minimal. Perhaps anyone wanting to use the exchange service would have to register some kind of personal details like address with the moderator, or nature of interest in zoos. And perhaps addresses to be exchanged only via PM. Just a thought.

Last edited: 10 Mar 2008
  4. ZYBen

ZYBen Well-Known Member

yeah good suggestion

5. zoospud

zoospud Well-Known Member

6. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

I've created a new topic area called Zoo Memorabilia ... for discussion about all the paraphernalia you bring back from your trip to the zoo, including guidebooks, maps, souvenirs and photos. Does this help ? :D

7. zoospud

zoospud Well-Known Member

I applaud you for trying and will do my bit to try and make this work !