Join our zoo community

Alligator Adventure Has Anyone Ever Been Here?

Discussion in 'United States' started by AverageWalrus, 2 Apr 2015.

1. AverageWalrus

AverageWalrus Well-Known Member

Has any other Zoochatter gone to this place? Tomorrow Im going to South Carolina and plan on going to two zoos there, Ripley's Aquarium Myrtle Beach and Alligator Adventure. The one Im interested in is Alligator Adventure. I know that They are not accredited but have worked with Acreddited places such as St. Augustine Alligator Farm. Also, I believe they were listed on ISIS when the public could view the website (correct me im wrong) So, im guessing that this is no roadside zoo.

2. AverageWalrus

Bump ......

3. wally war eagle

wally war eagle Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I highly recommend a visit. The collection is varied and the price is reasonable. Very diverse collection of herptiles including gators and other crocodilians. Few birds and mammals.

4. MRJ

MRJ Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

Being listed on ISIS means no more than at some point they supplied animals to or received animals from a member zoo.

Being a member of ISIS is probably somewhat more relevant, and members are listed on the ISIS website.

5. AverageWalrus

Oh, Never knew that. Thanks for telling me

6. Loxodonta Cobra

Loxodonta Cobra Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I went to Alligator Adventure in 2014.... I was not impressed.

The main attraction and the animals with best exhibits were the crocodilians, and they have a feeding show like I witnessed in St. Augustine, however it was extremely difficult to get close and actually see it because it was on the main boardwalk over the alligator marsh. The worst exhibits were for mammals (their servals are kept in a concrete floored cage with a roof over it that prevents any sunlight. Nasty:()