Join our zoo community

Hello! and some help.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PlaZooFan14, 20 Nov 2020.

1. PlaZooFan14

PlaZooFan14 Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone! I’m a newer member to the forums. I usually look up ideas, play games, and spend time with my family. But that’s not currently my case.

As of right now, I'm planning to make a basic Fantasy Zoo on this site. Not an over-the-top Zoo, just a normal traditional Fantasy Zoo. So i need some help with the following:

• How to make a good walk through / description of the exhibits.

• What are common Complex themes from Zoos you visited such as:

• Zoo Geographic Based: African Savanna, Asian Islands, etc.

• Taxonomic Based: Big Cats, Primates, etc.

• Biome Based: Tropical Rainforest, Desert, etc.
    • What kinds of Animals to include in the attractions.

Any help would be appreciated. I’ve been following the site for a while now, and making ideas for a little while shorter, so once again, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!:)

(P.s. Meaning of username is that i like to play Frontier Developments Planet Zoo;))

JurassicMax and red river hog like this.
  2. red river hog

red river hog Well-Known Member

Here's an example of how most people do walkthroughs: "You walk under a fallen tree and see several reptile exhibits, the first underwater viewing and a rocky land area and backdrop. it houses Freshwater Crocodiles........"

Geographic
    African Savannah: giraffes, zebras, Hippopotamuses, Red River Hogs, gazelles, storks, rhinos, ostriches, watusis
    Australian Outback: kangaroos, Emus, wallabies
    General Africa: penguins, cormorants, flamingos, ostriches, rhinos, zebras, tortoises, lapwings, ducks, ibises, hornbills, Hamerkops, rollers, spoonbills, pygmy-geese, duikers, kudus, Cheetahs, warthogs, dik-diks, Lions, elephants, Okapis, lemurs, sifakas, colobuses, crocodiles, Chimpanzees, Sitatungas, Barbary Sheep, camels, oryxes, guineafowl
    Great Plains: bison, Elk, prairie dogs, Gila Monsters, Black-footed Ferrets, deer

Taxonomic
    Bird House: parrots, parakeets, guineafowl, Hamerkops, starlings, rollers, mynas, rails, kingfishers, pigeons, toucanets, aracaris, turacos, terns, partridges, fruit doves, Sunbitterns, finches, orioles, weavers, pheasants, lorikeets, ducks, gallinules, bulbuls, white-eyes, birds-of-paradise, ibises, flamingos, hoopoes, lapwings, spoonbills, turnstones, and shamas
    Herpetarium: salamanders, vipers, turtles, toads, monitors, cobras, tree frogs, rattlesnakes, beaded lizards, bullfrogs, crocodiles, anacondas, pythons, boas, anoles, tortoises, caimans, crocodile lizards, geckos, skinks, mastigures, sailfin lizards, newts, dart frogs
    Primates: gorillas, sakis, tamarins, Aye-Ayes, gibbons, orangutans, lemurs, sifakas, De Brazza's Monkeys, howler monkeys, and Siamangs

Biome
    I don't really see many of these.

Last edited: 20 Nov 2020
    PlaZooFan14 likes this.
  3. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome!

4. PlaZooFan14

Thank You!:D

5. PlaZooFan14

A quick addition. You guys can also add complex inspirations along with the requirements above.

6. red river hog

Here's two more that I just came up with:
    Expedition Asia: Gharials, gibbons, macaques, Malayan Tapirs, Red Pandas, Snow Leopards Tigers
    Rainforests of the World: Tropical house with colobuses, birds, mangabeys, Ocelots, porcupines, sakis, sloths, tamarins, and titis

PlaZooFan14 likes this.
  7. JurassicMax

JurassicMax Well-Known Member

Welcome to ZooChat !

PlaZooFan14 likes this.
  8. PlaZooFan14

After some consideration, i decided i should also add a Aquarium and a Safari Park to the Zoo. Again, i just want a normal, basic Zoo, so if anyone has any ideas that would be appreciated.

9. red river hog

Something that would be cool if you wanted is a safari for Asia or the Americas instead of just the typical African animals. I'm not much of a fish person, so I won't be a big help with the aquarium. Let me know if you need any more ideas.

PlaZooFan14 likes this.