Join our zoo community

Hello everybody!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BeakerUK, 21 Oct 2017.

1. BeakerUK

BeakerUK Well-Known Member

Hellooooo,

I have been reading here for a while but finally decided to bite the bullet and join. Not sure if I will be brave enough to post much, and I hope I won't make a fool of myself!

I have always liked zoos, but my interest has grown into more of an obsession over the past few years and I now aim to visit 100 zoos before I reach 100. Thus far I have mostly only visited UK zoos (aside from multiple visits to Lincoln Park Zoo when I lived near Chicago in the nineties, and a zoo trip in Wuppertal during a school German exchange in the earlier nineties). The tally is over 50 at this point in time. Hopefully I will visit zoos in Europe in time, as well.

As a primary school teacher, I have managed to make sure that my last two classes have had zoo visits, though I am not sure it will work out this year. My dream is to do education work in a zoo, but I have no idea how feasible that actually is.

Anyway, I have very much enjoyed reading here and have learnt so much. I very much look forward to continuing the learning process!

2. Kakapo

Kakapo Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Beaker! I hope you got these 100 zoos!

3. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Welcome to ZooChat from the Netherlands ! I'm sure you will enjoy it !