Join our zoo community

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Stephen Toothman, 29 Nov 2020.

1. Stephen Toothman

Stephen Toothman New Member

My name is Stephen Toothman. I am an author and photographer working on a series of books called "Zoos: A Photo Book and Guide". I published the first one of the series, "Zoos of the Midwest", this past July. It covers Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota. I am currently working on the second book, "Zoos of the Great Lakes", which covers Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin. All total, I am planning on writing six books, each about a different area of the United States.

Last edited: 29 Nov 2020
  2. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I am sure people on this site will be interested in your work. I also published a book on my region called Zoos of the Southwest, covering Southeast California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas. Two other members cowrote an excellent hardcover book that was published last year called America's Top 100 Zoos & Aquariums. If you don't already have it you need it. Here is the discussion thread: America's Top 100 Zoos & Aquariums - ZooChat

snowleopard and TinoPup like this.
  3. Terry Thomas

Terry Thomas Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.

4. Stephen Toothman

Stephen Toothman New Member

Yes, it is on my Christmas list for this year. :)

snowleopard likes this.
  5. JurassicMax

JurassicMax Well-Known Member

Welcome to ZooChat Stephen!