Join our zoo community

Hello Fishkeepers

Discussion in 'Private Collections & Pets' started by ZooBinh, 31 Mar 2018.

1. DaLilFishie

DaLilFishie Well-Known Member

The prospect of captive bred flashlightfish is very interesting! I'd love to see the R2R thread!

EDIT: Found the thread! Very interesting, looking forward to updates!

Last edited: 31 Aug 2021
  2. Northwest_FIsh_Keeping

Northwest_FIsh_Keeping Well-Known Member

Awesome! Yeah, the only report I've seen was from the Dallas World Aquarium (DWA) a couple years ago from One Fin Flashlight Fish, they said they could only get the larvae up to Day 5 but we're seeing steady success, and then there were no more updates.

I have a couple ideas on how I could trigger spawning in Split Fin Flashlight Fish, like following a Temperature Schedule that matches where they were collected from, or just feeding different foods like how MBA was able to breed Comb Jellies by feeding them Fish Eggs / Fish Larvae. It's going to be a long while till I get the Fish, since I want the Main Tank to be up too just incase anything goes wrong with the QT and I need a place to move them to, but it should awesome!

DaLilFishie and Great Argus like this.
  3. Bisonblake

Bisonblake Well-Known Member

I was curious if there is anyone else on this site that keeps fish.

I have been in the hobby for about 4-5 years. I have mostly kept saltwater fish, but I have cared for a few betta fish as well. I currently have an ocellaris clownfish and a six-line wrasse living in a 56-gallon saltwater tank, and a male betta living in a 2-gallon tank. I do plan on getting more fish for my 56 soon, but it was recently set up, as well as some corals.

Also a question for any fishkeepers: What fish do you consider to be your dream fish? For me, I would say the Naso tang. This is a fish I've always wanted to have ever since I first saw it.

4. ZooBinh

ZooBinh Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I've not spoke of my fishkeeping ventures in quite literally months to anyone in this community. I've been working on maintaining stable environments in my own aquariums whilst making them the best they can be, I'll be sure to update as soon as I feel comfortable! ;) I've been really into aquascaping and creating environments with aquatic plants the past year, has anyone else?

5. Great Argus

Great Argus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I set up two new tanks earlier in the year, but I really didn't do a ton of aquascaping on either. All the tanks are running pretty smoothly currently, even though not everything has gone as planned. But that's part of the hobby really!

ZooBinh likes this.
  6. HungarianBison

HungarianBison Well-Known Member

I started a new aquarium, its volume is 72 litre. Its inhabitants will be Neon tetras and Pygmy cories.

DaLilFishie likes this.
  7. AndyJ08

AndyJ08 Well-Known Member

I have loved fish since a young age, and I have multiple aquariums as of right now, as can be seen on the “Pets and Private Collections” gallery.

AndyJ08

Last edited by a moderator: 27 Nov 2022