Join our zoo community

Hello from New England!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by powderehss, 10 Mar 2017.

1. powderehss

powderehss New Member

Hi, I'm Powder!
    (I normally go by "Powder" as my moniker on the internet; from an old anime chatroom I used to use, lol :p)

I found this site through Google Images while searching for references of of certain animals for artistic studies. I've been very big into nature and animals ever since I was a little kid, especially with Paleobiology (Dinosaurs, Archosaurs, Megafauna, etc.), Ornithology and Herpetology! WARNING: I also like to talk. A LOOOOOOT. I have my mom's chatty genes.

My grampy introduced me and my sister to dinosaurs as toddlers and I've been hooked to them ever since! I always love seeing what new paleoart books and figurines he gets from yard sales at his house. (I'm probably gonna visit around Easter I think and I'm excited! I also love seeing my grandparents haha)

I love Herpetology because I think reptiles look pretty and cool, like crocodiles, snakes and big guys like komodo dragons and monitor lizards.

Aaand I love Ornithology because of influence from my parents' love for bird-watching; I personally think birds are adorable and amusing like little chubby songbirds, chickens and crows. There's also pretty birds like Great Blue Herons, Swans, Egrets and Birds of Paradise that I adore.

I'll even try to post some pics of birds and critters I've seen on my travels here to the database!

This forum seems like a neat place ^^

2. drill

drill Well-Known Member

Hello from Richmond, Virginia i too am a bird enthusiast. I love to see birds of paradise( i have seen red and lesser) and my favorite one i really want to see are quetzals

3. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Also from the Netherlands : welcome to ZooChat ! I share your love for Herps and birds but dinos are not so much my thingy :).
    Yesterday I however visited the Natural History Museum in Brussels ( Belgium ) and saw a lot of them, made also some pictures and will them load-up as soon as a new Gallery for this Museum is created.