Join our zoo community

Hello to the world

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by zooatlas, 19 Sep 2022.

1. zooatlas

zooatlas Active Member

Greetings fellow zoo enthusiasts,
    I am delighted to join this community after wanting to join for several years. I am currently editing wikipedia's zoo lists. I edited the USA list and Wikipedia overturned my edits. I also am extremely happy today. If any of you need help with updated information when it comes to zoos, aquariums and other animal attractians, I will be there, ready for you. I also give my great condolences to every member of this site, both past, present, and future. We must destroy all zoo misinformation. My commerads,whom I have not met personally, include several of you from across the mighty world. From Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, The United States of America, Mexico, Central America and South America. Almost every country in the world has at least one zoo. However, in recent years, some countries have destroyed their zoos. Thanks to public neglect or disinterest, war or conflict. One of the saddest of the most recent cases was in El Salvador. Whose only zoo was closed after 69 years of operation in 2022. It would have been its 70th year running, since 2016 until its closure in 2022 possibly due to the pandemic. in 2022, a czech man named Roman hynek went to the benelux, he went to everything from rescue centres to the infamous kinderboerderij. These places allowed him to see he didnt visit all of them but several of them. In 2019 he hilariously even went to some places that many of our Dutch and Belgian members don't even know exist. On one day, he went to the entire country of Luxembourg, Europes only grand Duchy where the situation regarding animals attractions is very weird. None of them are in the capital, and they are usually in the small towns near the french and german borders. Which isn't saying much as the second largest city has one of them. I am from Norway, a country whose zoo population is quite small compared to our neighbours. However, we do have several smaller animal attractions, which few people including several of our norwegian members, have not heard of yet. I am from the third largest city in the country, Trondheim. A city which has no zoos, but there are plans in the works to establish some petting zoos and aquariums in the area. Currently, I am editing Wikipedia. If anybody wants to join me, log in or create an account, to make sure the spam gets destroyed.

2. Lota lota

Lota lota Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum zooatlas:D

3. zooatlas

zooatlas Active Member

Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

4. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome!

5. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome. :)