Join our zoo community

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Danale, 7 May 2008.

1. Zebraduiker

Zebraduiker Well-Known Member

Welcome Zooman. I'm new here also, and what I like is , that this forum is very international, its fascinating to communicate with so many zoofans from around the world and exchange informations fromt he zoos. I hope, I can come to australia in the next years, to see all your rare animals, you know, in european zoos just a few australian mammals left in the collections and its not easy to get them from australia, and my only chance to see platypus is to come to australia. Okay, my next trip will go again to the States, 2010 japan and maybe 2011 australia.....

I think, its easier to get a good and big collection of zooguides here in europe than in australia, because we have more zoos and aquariums and most of them have a guidebook. Of course I've got a lot of guidebooks via ebay and we have an annual zooguidecollector meeting, always ins eptember. The next will be in Breslau,Poalnd.I've got know a new zooguidebook of the Sydney Wildlife World. Have you ever been to this indoor zoo ? They have cassowaries in an indoor exhbit behind glass....

2. zooman

zooman Well-Known Member 15+ year member

HI Dragon,

I hope to just stay focused on gorilla enclosure design that seems to keep me busy enough!! LOL

Stuart

3. zooman

zooman Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Hi Zebradukier,

I have not been to Sydney Wildlife World. I hear that it is allot of finacial trouble!

I do take it fro granted being able to see our Australian fauna so easily.

Look forward to sharing my experiances with you.

Stuart