Join our zoo community

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ursus, 27 Mar 2018.

1. Ursus

Ursus Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I joined Zoochat recently (talking about 2/3 days), however until now I didn't have the time to make a introduction. So, here it is!

I am Ursus and am still in highschool/secondary school. I would consider myself rather ambitious around future planning, but not so ambitious when it comes to the present.
    However, as everyone can change I believe that I can change that part of myself.
    I live in the Netherlands and thus my English might not be the best or fluent.
    My favorite animal is actually the rhinoceros (I just cannot favor any of the (sub)species) rather than ursines. However I do love bears the most of all ''big'' carnivores.
    Zoos have been a big part of my life and without a doubt my true passion. Even though it might be a rather ''impulsive'' dream, I want to own a zoo in the future, whether it be big or small. This has been my goal since I can remember honestly, even as a small kid I was always fascinated by animals and zoos. And honestly, even though it's a rough and tough goal to get too, I still want to try to achieve it.

That's about it for all the interesting information there is to know about me.
    So, cya around on the forum I suppose!

2. Kakapo

Kakapo Well-Known Member

Welcome to Zoochat! Your English looks like perfect (at least to a Spanish speaker hehe). The dream of create a zoo is shared by many (I think most of) zoochatters, but unfortunately it's an almost impossible dream because of the extremely complicated burocrazy, accreditations needed and enormous amount of money to invest before opening. However, it's not fully impossible. There are some zoochatter that really started a new zoo, such as @Batto.

3. agnmeln

agnmeln Well-Known Member

Hi! I think you’re going to fit in just nicely around here!

4. Fallax

Fallax Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Hello Ursus, glad you are coming along. Not really an introduction from me since we know each other already from elsewhere but I'm happy you joined ZooChat.

5. Welsh Zootographer

Welsh Zootographer Well-Known Member

Helo!/Hello!

6. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

From an other Dutch ZooChatter : Welkom op ZooChat !

7. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome!

8. TheGerenuk

TheGerenuk Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome to Zoochat!