Join our zoo community

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PuppyMintMocha, 21 Jul 2018.

1. PuppyMintMocha

PuppyMintMocha New Member

Hey there! I'm Haley, I'm 21, and am located in Arkansas, US.
    I've been passionate about animals my entire life. At the age of 21 now, I've been looking at my life a lot and feeling somewhat lost and empty in that I haven't set myself moving in any particular direction yet. I know I want to work with animals no matter what, but it feels like every path around is covered in roadblocks for me, and I'm not sure how to break my way into this career area. I have a lot of passion but that alone won't get me anywhere.

Besides all that, I have a number of hobbies such as drawing, pet-keeping, and a number of crafts like crochet, needle-felting, embroidery, sewing, sculpting, and more.

As for pets, I currently have a dog, two hamsters, two toads, two chickens, an antlion, five hissing cockroaches, and five millipedes.

I greatly enjoy trips to zoos and aquariums although they are sadly few and far between for me since I have yet to find a job or achieve a driver's license, so trips are limited to sparse family outings for the time being. In addition there aren't many local zoo-type attractions, so my family usually isn't very inclined to drive many hours to get to one.

I hope to enjoy my stay here, and I'll try to stay active, although I can tend to be a bit shy! Thanks for having me!

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Welcome to Zoochat , I hope you feel welcome

3. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome!

4. TheGerenuk

TheGerenuk Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome to ZooChat!