Join our zoo community

Help choose my 100th zoo

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Arizona Docent, 25 Sep 2016.

1. devilfish

devilfish Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that AD. Also sorry to go slightly off-topic, but is there any particular reason for this? I'd be interested to hear what's happened to dampen your enthusiasm. At least you're still keen enough to make a big effort for a landmark zoo trip, but it's still surprising to hear that from such a keen poster who has years of experience working at a zoo and has published a zoo book.

2. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I have reset my itinerary to spend the first night in Vienna. This has two advantages. The first is the obvious that I can now make Tiergarten Schonbrunn zoo number 100. The second is that I can go straight to a hotel to rest after my long flights, instead of having to catch another long train ride from Vienna to Salzburg.

3. Arizona Docent

It is addressed in this thread: Is it possible to get rid of your zoo interest?

4. devilfish

devilfish Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the explanation.
    As I say, at least you still get enough enjoyment out of your visits to put so much effort into your 100th zoo. :)

5. Arizona Docent

6. Maguari

Maguari Never could get the hang of Thursdays. 15+ year member Premium Member

A fine choice for the big one-o-o, I'd say. A very good zoo, and a suitably significant one. Congrats!

Batto and Arizona Docent like this.