Join our zoo community

Hi from Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MattyP, 7 Jun 2017.

1. MattyP

MattyP Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Hi, my name is Matt and I live in a small country town on the outskirts of Melbourne with my wife, two kids and a multitude of animals including dogs, cats, ferrets, chooks, ducks, a galah, a Guinea pig, blue tongue lizards, a turtle and some fish.
    I love visiting zoos, especially doing behind the scenes experiences and have been to many zoos in the eastern states of Australia.
    This has included Melbourne and Werribee Zoos, Healesville Sanctuary, Melbourne Aquarium, Halls Gap Zoo, Mansfield Zoo, Taronga and Western Plains Zoos, Mogo Zoo, Symbio, Sydney Aquarium and Wildlife Park, Altina Wildlife Park, National Zoo and Aquarium, Australia Zoo, Currumbin Wildlife Park, Zoodoo and I'm sure there's others I forget the names of. We're also planning to visit Adelaide and Monarto Zoos later this year.
    I'm also interested in conservation in general, and have a particular interest in using dogs to help detect either threatened or invasive species.

2. Nikola Chavkosk

Nikola Chavkosk Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the Zoochat. :)

MattyP likes this.
  3. Gharialcroc233

Gharialcroc233 Member

Very nice to meet a person from Australia I have always wanted go to Australia and to check the native wildlife, and the zoos.:)

MattyP likes this.
  4. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

MattyP likes this.