Join our zoo community

HI GUYS

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TIGERMAN17, 25 Aug 2016.

1. TIGERMAN17

TIGERMAN17 Member

I'm 18 and from the uk. I am very interested in zoology and I keep tarantulas and reptiles.

I am also really interested in taxonomy and discovering new species but above all I am keen on proving that the thylacine is not extinct. I know some of you will probably laugh at that but it is my goal and I am certain there still out there.

I hope to learn from people on this forum and help others with there zoological curiosity.

nice to meet u guys.

2. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member 15+ year member

What makes you think it is still in existence? Like many others I have been interested in this animal for a long time, in my case about 45 years. We know considerably more about it today than when I first became interested in it, but there is still no irrefutable proof that it is still alive. Reluctantly I am now of the opinion it does not exist anymore.

3. Nikola Chavkosk

Nikola Chavkosk Well-Known Member

Welcome to Zoochat,
    Initially I have false impression that you are from Germany because of the name TIGERMAN17 :)

4. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

Welcome
    I would expect that a zoologist, as a scientist, might be interested in determining whether a species is extinct, but to set as a goal proving that it is not seems more adventurer than scientist.

5. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Also welcome to ZooChat from the Netherlands !