Join our zoo community

Hi There. . .

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sisserou, 31 Oct 2015.

1. Sisserou

Sisserou New Member

Hello! I'm new here, I am Sisserou and I'm from Dorset. I don't get to visit many zoos or wildlife parks these days unfortunately, but as an animal obsessed kid, I was a regular visitor at EVERY zoological Gardens, Safari Park and Council funded Animal collection and Bird Garden within a hundred mile radius of home! Thanks of course to a very understanding Mum and Dad!.

I work as a Freelance Natural History Illustrator, and I've been fortunate to travel throughout Europe, Africa and the West Indies through my work, and have contributed to various Books, Field Guides, Children's Wildlife Magazines and Scientific Papers over the last 30 years or so.

My job has also enabled me to become involved in Conservation work, both contributing art work for publications, and actual ' hands-on ' Fieldwork with species such as the Mountain Chicken Frog of Dominica and Montserrat, the West African Dwarf Crocodile, and various Bats, Reptiles and Primates, notably Chimpanzees and Gorillas. I am also a Trustee of the charity ' Gearing Up For Gorillas ' a Group dedicated to the support of Rangers in their work conserving Mountain Gorillas in the DRC.

2. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member

Welcome to ZooChat Sisserou and wow.. what an intresting life you have so far ! Guess you can contribute to many of the ZooChat-topics and hope you will do so !