Join our zoo community

Hipporex's Guide to Interesting and Unique Prehistoric Fauna

Discussion in 'Wildlife & Nature Conservation' started by Hipporex, 17 Feb 2019.

1. SpinyLiving

SpinyLiving Well-Known Member

Standardized Terminology and Potential Taxonomic Utility for Hadrosaurid Skin Impressions: A Case Study for Saurolophus from Canada and Mongolia
    Here's the actual case study by Dr. Phil R Bell from the Australian University of New England, where he analyzes skin impressions of the two different type species of Saurolophus, S. Osborni and S. Angustirostris, to show that skin impressions from hadrosaurs can be valuable in distinguishing different species of dinosaurs. In his research he cites that the scale arrangement of the two different Saurolophus type species can be used as a wild stab in the dark for possible coloration and patterning on the two different Saurolophus type species. This case study came out in 2012 instead of 2018 though, and says that they can only guess that they looked the way they are portrayed.

Hammy and Hipporex like this.
  2. Hipporex

Hipporex Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Thanks! Very interesting.

3. Hipporex

Made for my YouTube channel these videos list nearly* every non-avian dinosaur genus described in 2019.
    42 total!

All the pictures used in these videos (except for the thumbnails) were made by the amazing paleoartist Cisiopurple on DevintArt: cisiopurple | DeviantArt.

*I say nearly complete because I didn't include Nullotitan and Isasicursor:
    Newly discovered / described fossil species

Last edited: 1 Jan 2020
  4. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

These videos aren't available to be played outside of YouTube apparently.

~Thylo

5. Hipporex

Huh, that's odd. For me at least, the problem appears to be only with the first one. I don't remember ever setting it to not be playable on other media. *shrugs shoulders* Oh well I suppose it's not that big of a deal.

6. Hipporex

NUMBER NINETY-NINE: First profile of 2020 and what do I decide to make on? An ibis

[​IMG]
    • Animal: Jamaican ibis (Xenicibis xympithecus)
    • Named By: Storrs L. Olson and David Steadman - 1977
    • Classification: Life, Eukaryota, Animalia, Chordata, Vertebrata, Gnathostomata, Osteichthyes, Tetrapodomorpha, Tetrapoda, Reptiliomorpha, Amniota, Sauropsida, Eureptilia, Diapsida, Sauria, Archosauromorpha, Archosauriformes, Archosauria, Dinosauria,‭ ‬Saurischia,‭ ‬Theropoda,‭ Paraves, Avialae, Aves, Neognathae, Pelecaniformes, Threskiornithidae, Threskiornithinae
    • When: Late Quaternary
    • Where: Jamaica, well no duh
    • Size: 4.4 pounds (2 kg)
    • Diet: Carnivore
    This animals common name is officially the Jamaican ibis or the Jamaican flightless ibis but I'm calling it the boxer ibis because this is my thread and I do what I want! The first remains of the boxer ibis were postcranial bone elements excavated in a cave deposit at Long Mile Cave, Jamaica. When Olson eventually saw the bird's wing bones, he was perplexed. They were so "utterly strange" that he thought the animal must have been suffering from some sort of disease. Since then, Olson has found more remains including an almost complete skeleton. Thus, in 2011, he and his partner Nicholas Longrich, released a study giving a very different view of the wing. They concluded it was a club. Weapons like clubs and bats have large weighted ends to deliver heavy impacts, and long handles to increase the speed of the swing. That’s exactly what you see in the boxer ibis’s wing. Its hand bone (the metacarpal) was massive, curved and inflated – perfect for inflicting strong blows. It sat at the end of a long "handle," made up of the wrist and the forearm – perfect for creating a fast slap. The metacarpal is also hollow, just like many baseball bats are, allowing it to produce a stronger blow without adding too much weight. And its joints allowed it to swing its wing out very quickly, and extend it as far as possible, giving it speed and reach. The bones are telling, but did the boxer ibis really punch with its wing? It’s hard to be sure, especially because there are few modern birds with similar bones to compare against. However, Longrich and Olson found some compelling evidence that the bird struck heavy blows with its wings. At least two specimens of the boxer ibis had arm bones that had broken and healed. The first had broken its upper arm (humerus) in two and the bones hadn't knitted together properly. The second had fractured its hand, and a massive callus had grown over the front edge. These birds struck something with enough force to injure themselves. The boxer ibis may have used its wings to clobber enemies in defense. Unlike its living cousins, this ibis couldn’t fly. Many island birds lose the ability to fly because they aren’t threatened by any land predators. As a result, their wings become small and stunted, as in the kiwi or the flightless cormorant of the Galapagos. But prehistoric Jamaica had no shortage of predators, including a boa, an extinct monkey, and several birds of prey. Defense would have been important. Alternatively, the bird could have boxed with its rivals. Longrich and Olson note that a couple of flightless birds have similar (but far less extreme) forearms, including the steamer duck and the extinct Rodriguez Island Solitaire. And both of these species occasionally use (or used) their wings in to beat other individuals in fights. The only other flightless ibis in history was Apteribis of Hawaii.

[​IMG]

Picture and Information Resources:

7. Hipporex

I'm gonna start working on the 100th species profile but before I do, here's a little teaser...

[​IMG]

8. TheGerenuk

TheGerenuk Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I think I know what species this is. Won't spoil it, but I know.

Hipporex likes this.
  9. Hipporex

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED: It took 97 profiles for this request to finally be used, but here it is...

[​IMG]
    • Species: Deinocheirus mirificus
    • Pronunciation: Die-noe-ky-rus mear-if-i-kus
    • Name Meaning: "Magnificent terrible hands"
    • Species Authority: Halszka Osmólska‭ & ‬Ewa Roniewicz‭, ‬1970
    • Classification: Life, Eukaryota, Animalia, Chordata, Vertebrata, Gnathostomata, Osteichthyes, Sarcopterygii, Tetrapodomorpha, Tetrapoda, Reptiliomorpha, Amniota, Sauropsida, Eureptilia, Sauria, Archosauromorpha, Archosauriformes, Archosauria,‭ ‬Dinosauria,‭ ‬Saurischia,‭ ‬Theropoda,‭ Maniraptoriformes, Ornithomimosauria, ‬Deinocheiridae,
    • When: ~ 70,000,000 B.C.E. (Maastrichtian stage of the Late Cretaceous epoch)
    • Where: Nemegt Formation (Mongolia, Asia)
    • Size: 36 feet long (10.97 meters) long
    • Diet: Omnivore
    In 1965, Poland and Mongolia mounted a joint paleontological expedition to the Gobi Desert. This was the third such major paleontological expedition to the country, following similar expeditions by American scientists in the 1920s and Soviet-Mongolian scientists in the 1950s. Each expedition revealed amazing new specimens of dinosaurs and mammals from the Late Cretaceous. The American finds from the 1920s include the first fossils of Velociraptor, as well as the first ever non-avian dinosaur eggshell fossils. The Soviet-Mongolian discoveries from the 1950s included the first fossils of the therizinosaur Therizinosaurus and the tyrannosaur Tarbosaurus. The Polish-Mongolian team, not to be outdone, also found some extraordinary dinosaur fossils including a pair of giant arms from a theropod. In 1970, these arms would become the type specimen of Deinocheirus mirificus. Early depictions of Deinocheirus imagined an enormous long-armed carnivore as large as Tyrannosaurus. Deinocheirus remained an enigma until 2013 when two new headless specimens were announced. And in 2014 a skull which had made its way into the black market was recovered and described. We now know Deinocheirus was a massive ornithomimosaur, the same group the famous Gallimimus belonged to. Although, for an ornithomimosaur, this species was massive, measuring 36 to 39 feet long. Deinocheirus had a growth rising up from its backs which may have formed either a heavily built sail or a fatty hump.‭ The two most common theories: thermoregulation and fat storage for surviving droughts and times of little food availability, or display for interspecies recognition and even signalling members to the opposite sex with a well formed hump indicating a healthy and well fed individual.‭ ‬What is known is that at the time of this discovery,‭ ‬Deinocheirus was the only ornithomimosaur known to have had a growth on its back,‭ ‬something that still stands at the time of writing. With the recovery of the stolen skull,‭ ‬we know that Deinocheirus had a‭ "spoonbill‭‬,"‭ ‬upper and lower jaws that widened out to form a rounded spoon-shape.‭ ‬This begs the question,‭ ‬was Deinocheirus similar to modern spoonbill birds that are known to snatch out invertebrates and small fish from water systems.‭ ‬Here the widened bill increases the catch area making it easy to snatch prey from the water.‭ ‬A comparison to the spinosaurs could also be in order.‭ ‬Some genera of spinosaur such as Ichthyovenator and of course Spinosaurus itself are known to have had growths on their backs as well as well-developed and long arms and claws,‭ ‬both features that can now be seen in Deinocheirus.‭ ‬In addition,‭ ‬the possible gastroliths of Deinocheirus could have just as easily have been used to strip off the scales from fish making them easier to digest.‭ ‬It may be that Deinocheirus waited for seasonal rains to swell rivers and water systems which then brought in a greater amount and variety of fish,‭ ‬which they then gorged themselves upon in times of plenty to build up there fat reserves stored in a hump,‭ ‬which they then relied upon to see them through the remainder of the year in leaner times.‭ ‬If true then‭ ‬Deinocheirus‭ ‬may have been in a comparative evolutionary niche as the spinosaurs that were common in earlier in the Cretaceous.‭ ‬Finally one should consider that as a saurischian theropod,‭ ‬Deinocheirus‭ ‬ as an ornithomimosaur would have been descended from predatory ancestors and even some earlier ornithomimids such as Pelecanimimus are perceived to have been more predatory in their dietary needs.‭ ‬This is only speculation however,‭ ‬it remains to be seen to just what other surprises Deinocheirus may have in for us.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Below: The original specimen of Deinocheirus with Zofia Kielan-Jaworowska, the leader of the Polish-Mongolian team.
    [​IMG]

10. Hipporex

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED ONE: An albatross before there was an albatross

[​IMG]
    • Species: Nyctosaurus gracilis
    • Pronunciation: Nick-toe-sore-us
    • Name Meaning: "Nigh lizard"
    • Species Authority: Othniel Charles Marsh‭ ‬-‭ ‬1876
    • Classification: Life, Eukaryota, Animalia, Chordata, Vertebrata, Gnathostomata, Osteichthyes, Sarcopterygii, Tetrapodomorpha, Tetrapoda, Reptiliomorpha, Amniota, Sauropsida, Eureptilia, Sauria, Archosauromorpha, Archosauriformes, Archosauria,‭ Pterosauria, Ornithocheiroidea, Nyctosauridae
    • When: ~ 85,000,000 B.C.E. to 84,500,000 B.C.E. (Santonian stage of the Late Cretaceous epoch)
    • Where: Smoky Hill Chalk of Kansas, part of the Niobrara Formation
    • Size: 6.6 foot (2 meter) wingspan
    • Diet: Piscivore
    Although many pterosaurs sported elaborate head crests,‭ ‬Nyctosaurus took things to new heights. Rising up to over half a meter high,‭ ‬a proportionately massive‭ L‭-‬shaped crest is known to have been present on Nyctosaurus.‭ ‬This crest was once thought to have been the support for a skin sail,‭ ‬but today it is generally accepted that the crest was more or less as it was preserved.‭ ‬Although it may appear cumbersome,‭ ‬the crest was actually very light,‭ ‬and studies have shown it would have had very little impact upon the flying ability of Nyctosaurus.‭ ‬It is however somewhat harder to say what positive benefits it would of have. Study of sub‭adult specimens has raised the notion that Nyctosaurus reached full size within its first year,‭ ‬and that the crest started growing when the individual in question reached adulthood.‭ ‬The crest may have been growing throughout the entire adult life of Nyctosaurus,‭ ‬with the largest crests belonging to the oldest,‭ ‬and henceforth most successful individuals.‭ ‬This would serve to persuade potential mates that the larger crest was superior to the smaller. Another special feature of Nyctosaurus is the complete absence of claws from the first,‭ ‬second and third digits of the hand.‭ ‬This means that Nyctosaurus would have had a hard time clinging onto things while on the ground and has brought the suggestion that Nyctosaurus may have spent most of its time flying in the air.‭ ‬A potential benefit of the lack of claws however is that the wings would have been even more streamlined.‭ At the time of Nyctosaurus, North America was cut into two large islands, Laramidia in the west and Appalachia in the east. The middle of the continent was covered by the Western Interior Seaway, a massive shallow inland sea that stretched from the ancient Arctic Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico in the south. Nyctosaurus, alongside 3 other genera of piscivorous pterosaurs, including the famous Pteranodon, soared above these water in search of small fishes (and maybe ammonites) and would of occasionally gotten snatched by massive marine lizards and sharp-toothed sharks and bony fishes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Kakapo

Kakapo Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, finally my other suggestion also was appreciated. Better late than never :p

So you have been in my country. I have nearly the same photo of these Deinocheirus arms.

12. Hipporex

Unfortunately no, that is a picture from Wikipedia. Although I absolutely love to visit Spain someday.

13. Hipporex

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED TWO: One peculiar sheep

[​IMG]
    • Animal: Balearic Islands cave goat (Myotragus balearicus)
    • Name Meaning: "Balearian mouse-goat"
    • Named By: Dorothy Bate - 1909
    • Classification: Life, Eukaryota, Animalia, Chordata, Vertebrata, Gnathostomata, Osteichthyes, Sarcopterygii, Tetrapodomorpha, Tetrapoda, Reptiliomorpha, Amniota, Synapsida, Therapsida, Mammalia, Placentilia, Boreoeutheria, Ungulata, Cetartiodactyla, Bovidae, Caprinae
    • When: ~ 5,300,000 B.C.E. to 5,000 B.C.E. (Pliocene epoch to the Holocene epoch)
    • Where: The Balearic Islands of Majorca and Menorca, off the coast of Spain
    • Size: 20 inches (50 cm) tall the shoulder and weighed 110 to 150 pounds (50 to 70 kg)
    • Diet: Herbivore
    Firstly, despite its common name, the Balearic Islands cave goat was more closely related to sheep than goats, at least according to genetic analyses done at the University of Pompeu Fabra of Barcelona. Beyond this, there's still many unusual things about this sheep-goat-thing. Its eyes were not directed towards the sides, as are those of nearly all the herbivorous mammals, but towards the front like nearly all primates and carnivorans, granting them stereoscopic vision. The lower jaw contained two perennial-growth incisors, like rodents and lagomorphs, but not other ungulates. Both sexes had at the top of the head two very short horns. It is possible these horns were longer, having short bone-bases and long horn-covers, but no complete horns have been found. Paleontologists studying fossilized Balearic Islands cave goat bones compared them to bones of reptiles living in the same region at the same time, and found surprising similarities. The bones of warm-blooded animals show uninterrupted fast growth, while the bones of cold-blooded animals have parallel growth lines showing interrupted growth corresponding to growth cycles, rather like the rings seen in tree trunks. Growth and metabolism rates are adjusted to suit the amount of food available, whereas warm-blooded animals require food to be available continuously. The Balearic Islands cave goat bones showed the same interrupted growth as reptiles. This is the first mammal ever known to have achieved the same flexibility, and hence survivability, as reptiles. They also saved energy by having a brain half the size of hoofed mammals its own size, and its eyes were only a third of the size. The Balearic Islands cave goat lived alongside the Minorcan giant lagomorph, which has previously been discussed in this thread.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

This one is very high on my list of Extinct species I wish survived into the modern era.

~Thylo

Hipporex likes this.
  15. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Me too; I can console myself with the fact I have seen a mounted skeleton of the species in the Natural History Museum in London :) where I took the following photographs which I subsequently uploaded to the gallery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One detail which @Hipporex omitted is that there is some evidence that there were unsuccessful attempts by early human settlers of the Balearic Islands to domesticate the species!

16. DesertRhino150

DesertRhino150 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I had heard that all the evidence for attempted domestication was more easily explained by natural phenomenon. The review I saw that came to that conclusion was from 2001 though, so I'm not sure if some new evidence has come to light?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/academia.e...4be9f528d3aab918163f90afaccc8873524f949c998f4

Hipporex likes this.
  17. Hipporex

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED THREE: I seem to recall a little conversation about extinct animal coloration

[​IMG]
    • Animal: Borealopelta markmitchelli
    • Name Pronunciation: Boar-e-al-o-pel-tah
    • Name Meaning: "Northern shield"
    • Named By: Caleb Brown et al. - 2017
    • Classification: Life, Eukaryota, Animalia, Chordata, Vertebrata, Gnathostomata, Osteichthyes, Tetrapodomorpha, Tetrapoda, Reptiliomorpha, Amniota, Sauropsida, Eureptilia, Sauria, Archosauromorpha, Archosauriformes, Archosauria,‭ ‬Dinosauria, Saurischia,‭ ‬Ornithischia, Thyreophora, Ankylosauria, Nodosauridae
    • When: ~ 110,000,000 B.C.E. (Albian stage of the Late Cretaceous epoch)
    • Where: Clearwater Formation (Alberta, Canada)
    • Size: 18 feet (5.5 m) long
    On March 21, 2011, Canadian miners accidentally uncovered what would come to be known as one of "the best preserved dinosaur fossils of its size ever found." Dubbed the Suncor nodosaur (as it was found on land owned by the Canadian energy company Suncor Energy), the specimen preserved not only the osteoderms in their life positions, but also remains of their keratin sheaths, overlying skin, melanosomes, and even stomach contents from the animal's last meal. While many small dinosaurs have been preserved with traces of soft tissues and skin, these are usually flattened and compressed during fossilization. Similar-looking hadrosaur "mummies" have a shriveled, desiccated appearance due to their partial mummification prior to fossilization. The Suncor specimen, however, appears to have sunk upside-down onto the sea floor shortly after its death (during the Cretaceous, Alberta was beach front property as the massive Western Interior Seaway cut North America in two), causing the top half of the body to be quickly buried with minimal distortion. The result is a specimen that preserves the animal almost as it would have looked in life, without flattening or shriveling. It preserved numerous closely spaced rows of small armor plates, or osteoderms, lining the top and sides of its broad body. From the shoulders protruded a pair of long spines, shaped like the horns of a bull. Study of the pigments present in remnants of skin and scales suggest that it might have had a reddish-brown coloration in life, with a countershaded pattern that was used for camouflage, suggesting, despite its size and armament, it still had predators to worry about. Although we can't quite say what drove Borealopelta as a genus into extinction, we can say what likely killed the holotype specimen. Paleobotanist David Greenwood examined Borealopelta’s miraculously fossilized last meal and discovered twigs and ferns. The twigs appeared to be in mid-growth, indicating that they were eaten during the wet season, when extreme storms and flash floods would have been a real problem. On the coastal plains where Borealopelta lived, a rapid rise in water level could have caught it off guard and sent this poor swimmer to Davy Jones's locker.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Just noticed your post from a few weeks ago:

Worth noting the skull actually belonged to one of the aforementioned headless specimens!

Hipporex likes this.
  19. Hipporex

NUMBER NINETY-NINE: Giant killer armadillo? Sure, why not.

[​IMG]
    • Animal: Macroeuphractus
    • Named By: Ameghino - 1887
    • Species: Macroeuphractus morenoi, M. outesi (type species), M. retusus
    • Classification: Life, Eukaryota, Animalia, Chordata, Vertebrata, Gnathostomata, Osteichthyes, Tetrapodomorpha, Tetrapoda, Reptiliomorpha, Amniota, Synapsida, Therapsida, Mammalia, Placentilia, Xenarthra, Cingulata, Chlamyphoridae, Euphractinae
    • When: ~ 9,000,000 B.C.E. to 3,000,000 B.C.E. (Miocene epoch to Pliocene epoch)
    • Where: Macroeuphractus morenoi (Argentina and Bolivia), M. outesi (Argentina), M. retusus (Argentina)
    • Size: 220 pounds (100 kg)
    • Diet: Carnivore
    These armadillos were closely related to the modern six-banded armadillo (Euphractus sexcintus). Macroeuphractus outesi was the largest and last of its lineage, bigger than the modern giant armadillo (Priodontes maximus). However, if M. outesi has gained certain fame its not due to its size but rather due to its specialized teeth, including a large caniniform and stout molarifoms, different from the relatively uniform dentition of the six banded armadillo. It has been considered that such teeth, along with the powerful jaw muscles could allow a strong bite, that maybe implies that this animal was more specialized in the consumption of meat than other armadillos and even could be an active predator, although this not excluded an omnivore diet (it must be noted that there is not direct evidence of predation or meat eating for this animal).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Hipporex

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED FIVE: We may all be going through troubling times but just remember that your Zoochat family is here for you. Also Nasutoceratops says "hi"

[​IMG]
    • Animal: Nasutoceratops titusi
    • Name Pronunciation: Nah-sue-toe-sarah-tops tie-tus-ee
    • Name Meaning: "‬Alan L. Titus's large-nosed horned-face"
    • Named By: Scott D. Sampson et al. - 2013
    • Classification: Life, Eukaryota, Animalia, Chordata, Vertebrata, Gnathostomata, Osteichthyes, Tetrapodomorpha, Tetrapoda, Reptiliomorpha, Amniota, Sauropsida, Eureptilia, Sauria, Archosauromorpha, Archosauriformes, Archosauria,‭ ‬Dinosauria, Saurischia,‭ ‬Ornithischia, Marginocephalia, Ceratopsia, Ceratopsidae, Centrosaurinae, Nasutoceratopsini
    • When: ~ 75,900,000 B.C.E. to 75,500,000 B.C.E. (Campanian stage of the Late Cretaceous epoch)
    • Where: Kaiparowits Formation (Southern Utah, U.S.A.)
    • Size: 14.8 feet (4.5 m) long; 4.9 foot (1.5 m) long skull; ~ 1.7 tons (1.5 metric tons)
    Nasutoceratops had a short yet thick snout and large horns above its eyes that extended almost to the end of its beak-like mouth. The horns were the longest brow-horns of any known member of the centrosaurine subfamily. Rather than growing straight out, their horns grew to the side and then out, similar to a bull's horns. Nasutoceratops was the second genus of Centrosaurinae to be discovered in the southwest of the U.S.A.,‭ ‬the first genus being Diabloceratops eatoni that was named three years earlier.‭ ‬Back in the Cretaceous, North America was split into two by the Western Interior Seaway: Laramidia and Appalachia. The Southwestern United States was part of southern Laramidia.‭ ‬It is possible that the reason why ‬centrosaurine‭s were not as common in southern Laramidia as they were in the north may well be because of geological barriers that prevented ceratopsian dinosaurs from spreading south.‭ ‬If correct then this would have resulted in isolated populations that may have begun evolving features differently because of a more limited gene pool. During the Cretaceous, the Kaiparowits Formation was an ancient floodplain dominated by large channels and abundant wetland peat swamps, ponds and lakes, and was bordered by highlands. The climate was wet and humid, and supported an abundant and diverse range of organisms. This formation contains one of the best and most continuous records of Late Cretaceous terrestrial life in the world. Nasutoceratops shared its paleoenvironment with theropods such as dromaeosaurids, the troodontid Talos sampsoni, ornithomimids like Ornithomimus velox, tyrannosaurids Teratophoneus curriei, armored ankylosaurids, the duckbilled hadrosaurs Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus and Gryposaurus monumentensis, the ceratopsians Utahceratops gettyi and Kosmoceratops richardsoni and the oviraptorosaurian Hagryphus giganteus. Additional paleofauna present in the Kaiparowits Formation included chondrichthyans (sharks and rays), frogs, salamanders, turtles, lizards and crocodilians. A variety of early mammals were present as well including multituberculates, marsupials, and insectivorans. Nasutoceratops hit the small screen for the first time when it appeared in the 2019 short film, Jurassic World: Battle at Big Rock, where a small herd of InGen "Nasutoceratops" fought an InGen "Allosaurus." The clones were similar to their real life counterparts, with the only differences being they were larger and they had shrink wrapped frill holes, sharper, longer frill horns, and semi-elephant-like feet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Below: Diabloceratops eatoni)
    [​IMG]
    (Below: Talos sampsoni)
    [​IMG]
    (Below: Ornithomimus velox)
    [​IMG]
    (Below: Teratophoneus curriei)
    [​IMG]
    (Below: Parasaurolophus cyrtocristatus)
    [​IMG]
    (Below: Gryposaurus monumentensis)
    [​IMG]
    (Below: Utahceratops gettyi)
    [​IMG]
    (Below: Kosmoceratops richardsoni)
    [​IMG]
    (Below: Hagryphus giganteus)
    [​IMG]
    (Below: Jurassic World: Battle at Big Rock)
    (I know most of you don't like this short film but I do and this is my thread, so...)

Last edited: 14 Mar 2020