Join our zoo community

Ocean Park Hong Kong Hk Ocean Park Expansion

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by aw101, 18 Dec 2008.

1. aw101

aw101 Well-Known Member

As part of the expansion of Ocean Park HK the plan is to build new exhibits for killer whales, belugas, walrus, polar bears and penguins. Does anyone know where these animals may be coming from, Seaworld perhaps?

2. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member

3. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member

4. John Dineley

John Dineley Well-Known Member

I am not sure if these plans for killer whales will ever come to anything. I did see a promotional video sometime ago but heard nothing more and I have seen a news release but that was from 2006. They only thing that seems to maybe happening in recent news is the maybe the beluga. They have bottlenose dolphins and pioneered some AI with them for their breeding programmes. Has anyone any actual links to news story's that mention killer whales, etc?

I have to add that I note Practical Fishkeeping is again allow itself to be a mouth piece for various animal-rights groups like the WDCS when it comes to issues of marine mammals in captivity.

One could ask how many of the subscribers to Practical Fishkeeping have fish in their tanks that were not caught from the wild? Particularly the tropical marine species :rolleyes:

Last edited: 22 Mar 2011
  5. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member