Join our zoo community

How do you 'travel' to zoos?

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Fresco3, 20 Dec 2017.

1. SabineB

SabineB Well-Known Member

The longest one-day trip I ever made was from Berlin to Nuremberg and back by train. It was a hometozoo oneway trip of 5 hours, so I barely made it to and back Nuremberg within a day ;-) These days I live near Cologne and the farthest I will do in one day is from my house to Rotterdam and/or Amsterdam in one day which will be - depending on the traffic - a 3.5 to 4.5 hour drive one way. Anything below 3 hours does not phase me, I would do that anytime I have an entire day off.

The longest tour was a three week 17 zoos tour from Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands and back to Cologne, which covered each and every zoo down that road that has sun bears ;-) approx. 8000 km - and it was GREAT.

The farthest away I traveled for a zoo like institution was half way around the world to go to work with sun bears in Sabah/Borneo at the BSBCC, Danum Valley and Lahad Datu!

2. agnmeln

agnmeln Well-Known Member

After my own heart!!!

3. Philipine eagle

Philipine eagle Well-Known Member 15+ year member

When doing a zoo trip (20-30+ zoos in a row), always by car; anything else is simply impossible.
    Which becomes more and more difficult given the age of my car and the low emission area's in many european cities.

4. Shorts

Shorts Well-Known Member 10+ year member

For example? I ask because I'm coming to Europe later this year and wouldn't want to break any rules I'm unaware of (breaking rules I'm aware of is something I'm happy to do with calculated abandon :D).