Join our zoo community

How to edit signature?

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by JamesB, 2 Dec 2017.

1. JamesB

JamesB Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Just a quick question, does anyone know how to edit the signature that appears under each post on here? I've had a good look around the options but can't seem to find it!

Thanks

2. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

If you move the cursor to the top right to your user name, which is displayed left of your inbox and alerts, a dropdown menu appears. The second down on the left is signature and there you can change it.

I just see that this option does not always show up automatically, but it does when you are on the front page www.zoochat.com.

3. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

I don't have "Signature" showing up at all. Mine says "Contact Details" for the second-down on left. The one above that is "Personal Details". I can't find anywhere for my signature!?

4. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Looks like there are some settings I need to adjust - even I can't edit my signature right now.

People who have signatures would have had them for quite some time - possibly since before the change to the current version of the forum software.

I'll look into it.

Arizona Docent likes this.
  5. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member 5+ year member

So... Is it currently possible to edit your signature?

6. pachyderm pro

pachyderm pro Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Is it even possible for non moderators/non premium members to even have a signature?

7. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Okay - I've fixed the issues with signatures.

Only premium members (and moderators / administrators) can edit a signature.

No, it's not. Well, it is possible to have one if you already had one before we changed to the new software. But it's not possible to edit it if you do have a signature, nor is it possible to add a new one if you don't already have one.

People who already have signatures as a result of being a member long enough to have had one when we used the old forum software - can keep them for now, but you won't be able to edit them, unless you upgrade to premium membership.

If you have a signature but are not a premium member and would like your signature removed, please email [email protected] to request a signature removal. Or upgrade to Premium for a month and do it yourself :D

8. agnmeln

agnmeln Well-Known Member

That’s a shame. I really fancied having a signature!

9. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

10. agnmeln

agnmeln Well-Known Member

Ah, I understand! From the previous post, I had thought it was only people who had been been members for a long time or who had moderator or administrator status who could have a signature, even with the premium membership! It’s definitely something to think about, maybe once I’ve been a member for a little longer.

FunkyGibbon likes this.