Join our zoo community

Zoo Tycoon How to make a profitable Zoo in ZT2

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by BigNate, 29 Apr 2018.

Tags:
  1. BigNate

BigNate Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Have u guys had the bug where guests will run away from an animal that is secure in an exhibit? How have u fixed the problem?

2. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

The most common cause is when a guest ends up in an exhibit. This usually happens when you have a boardwalk overhead of an exhibit (which for some reason causes guests to fall off and down into the exhibit). It will NEVER occur to the guest that THEY have fallen into the exhibit, they will instead seriously believe that whatever they are in with has escaped. As a result, other guests also then believe the animal or animals have escaped, even though it safetly contained in it's exhibit and they are not in with it.

Another time this is likely to happen is when the density of people around an enclosure increases (and therefore the chance of one of them ending up in the exhibit increases). For some reason, this problem occurs most frequently with Ethiopian wolves. One of the females gives birth, half the zoo come to see them and somebody ends up in with them. Occasionally, the wolves seem to take an objection to the large crowds and even if there is nobody in with them, start to stalk people through the perimeter fence. This also causes the guests to panic for no apparent reason.

There are two solutions:

1) Remove boardwalks where guests are frequently falling off

2) Fence off an exhibit around the time an animal has just given birth. From memory, Ethiopian wolves are only pups for around 4-6 Zoo Tycoon 2 weeks so if you fence off the exhibit for the first 3 weeks, then by the time it's open for viewing, the pups will only be a couple of weeks away from becoming adults (adults don't generate the same insane level of interest). I either do this, or make the Ethiopian Wolf exhibit only viewable by a Zoo Tour to ensure their privacy and prevent this issue.

BigNate likes this.
  3. BigNate

BigNate Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Interesting, I'll try this. Although most of the time there aren't any guests stuck in the exhibits. Thanks for the help

4. Zoofan15

Zoofan15 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I think the glitch is caused by an attempt at realism by the developers.

It basically goes wrong when guests assume any animal interacting with a guest/guests (stalking, attacking etc) has escaped.

The animal has to interact with the guest for the guest to panic i.e. a tiger can happily parade through the crowds without the guests showing any fear until it interacts with someone.

Then everyone panics. If the animal has genuinely escaped, then this would be the appropriate and intneded response, but often the animal is safetly contained and the guests not inside (but still running around outside the exhibit) are in no danger.

Personally I think ZT1 has it better, nothing clears the zoo faster than a large carnivore on the loose!

BigNate likes this.