Join our zoo community

Zoo Tycoon How would you have done Zoo Tycoon 2013's animal roster (including UAC)?

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by CrashMegaraptor, 16 Feb 2021.

1. CrashMegaraptor

CrashMegaraptor Well-Known Member

I think most Zoo Tycoon fans will be quick to point out that the 2013 XBox version, along with its Ultimate Animal Collection update, wasn't the best, especially in regards to its animal roster which seemed to focus heavily on specific families whilst missing out others (like, didn't it have six separate families purely dedicated to snakes?). Considering the fact that the Planet Zoo roster change thread has had quite a discussion, I wondered what we might get discussing this game.

If anyone wants to stick with ZTX's format of focusing on different variations of specific families (I.E., a certain amount of bears, a certain amount of elephants, etc), then admittedly I'd be very impressed...although I also wouldn't be surprised if you just went for variety like the previous two games.

evilmonkey239 and Diegooo like this.
  2. Bisonblake

Bisonblake Well-Known Member

I didn't have too much of a problem with the animals, mostly how boring the gameplay was, but there are a few things I would change in the roster.

Remove:
    • A lot of the animals have subspecies that are way too similar to each other so I would remove all of those species and only keep a few of them. I'd keep all the tigers though because I like the idea of having all of them in-game.
    Add:
    • Western lowland gorillas
    • Bornean and Sumatran orangutans
    • Common and Grevy's zebra
    • Hogs like warthogs, red river hogs, etc.
    • dromedary and Bactrian camels
    • Giant pandas
    • Okapi
    • any other animals in previous zoo tycoon games.

Then this is somewhat off-topic, but I would totally change the financial and building aspects of the game. I would change the financial aspect of the game because campaign mode feels like sandbox to me. Then I would change the building because all the exhibits look more-or-less the same. I know the game was meant to be played on Xbox, but if we can make a triceratops exhibit on Jurassic World Evolution, we can do it with a tiger.

evilmonkey239 and Diegooo like this.