Join our zoo community

Zoorasia How would you improve zoorasia?

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Idk, 16 Jul 2021.

Tags:
  1. Idk

Idk Active Member

After browsing around the japan category I noticed alot of people say zooraisa is japans best and maybe top ten in asia.And since I go there every month.I would like to know how everyone would improve zoorasia.

2. Idk

Idk Active Member

My opinions on how to improve zoorasia.

The most obvious one I think is their elephant enclosure.They need an at least 1 acre size elephant enclosure and a new indoor area.And give them more toys when they're outdoors.(apparently they get multiple toys when they're indoors)

The second most obvious one is all the wires everywhere.They need to get rid of the wires and tweak the enclosure instead.Its not a priority though.(I'm pretty sure they're not electrical wires)

They're leopard enclosure is definitely not big enough and needs more climbing structure.

They're orangutan enclosure is nicely sized but doesn't have climbing structures that are high enough.So they should add climbing structures at least 7 to 10 meter

Although they have a polar bear enclosure that hit global standards.I think that still isn't big enough.And should make a bigger enclosure maybe even several enclosures.Also theyre pool currently uses tap water of some sort since the polar bears skin is green.(I think this doesn't effect overall health)So they need to get a better filtration system and maybe could put retention tanks under the enclosures that keeps rain water like how cinccinati zoo does.

Finally I think they need to put more of an emphasis on they're educational aspect.

3. PossumRoach

PossumRoach Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I doubt an acre is going to help much with elephants.

I believe that they could make the proboscis monkey enclosure more appealing

4. Idk

Idk Active Member

An acre is not enough but much better than rn.And since the largest elephant enclosure in japan isn't even 2 acres.They will need to do alot of convincing to get the funding for it.

5. Dr. Wolverine

Dr. Wolverine Well-Known Member

I believe the Porcupine Enclosure could be bigger, especially because there is a picnic ground behind it.